May 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
We’ve been fascinated watching how Rangers coach John Tortorella handles the media through the playoffs. His answers have been short, his demeanor has been gruff, but after handling the media after New York’s Game 2 loss to Washington, he’s effectively proven he’s the master of the one-liner.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got to see the man in action himself and summed things up as efficient as Tortorella likes to keep his pressers.
On if more open ice resulted in more shots in Game 2: “I don’t know.”
On if anything has to change for his team in Game 3: “That will be between the team and I.”
This might be frustrating for reporters looking for more elaborate answers to their questions, but for the casual observer, seeing a coach be as combative as Tortorella go to war like this multiple times a day it’s fascinating to watch.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5