May 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
We’ve been fascinated watching how Rangers coach John Tortorella handles the media through the playoffs. His answers have been short, his demeanor has been gruff, but after handling the media after New York’s Game 2 loss to Washington, he’s effectively proven he’s the master of the one-liner.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got to see the man in action himself and summed things up as efficient as Tortorella likes to keep his pressers.
On if more open ice resulted in more shots in Game 2: “I don’t know.”
On if anything has to change for his team in Game 3: “That will be between the team and I.”
This might be frustrating for reporters looking for more elaborate answers to their questions, but for the casual observer, seeing a coach be as combative as Tortorella go to war like this multiple times a day it’s fascinating to watch.
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 72
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (72)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)