May 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
We’ve been fascinated watching how Rangers coach John Tortorella handles the media through the playoffs. His answers have been short, his demeanor has been gruff, but after handling the media after New York’s Game 2 loss to Washington, he’s effectively proven he’s the master of the one-liner.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got to see the man in action himself and summed things up as efficient as Tortorella likes to keep his pressers.
On if more open ice resulted in more shots in Game 2: “I don’t know.”
On if anything has to change for his team in Game 3: “That will be between the team and I.”
This might be frustrating for reporters looking for more elaborate answers to their questions, but for the casual observer, seeing a coach be as combative as Tortorella go to war like this multiple times a day it’s fascinating to watch.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)