May 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
We’ve been fascinated watching how Rangers coach John Tortorella handles the media through the playoffs. His answers have been short, his demeanor has been gruff, but after handling the media after New York’s Game 2 loss to Washington, he’s effectively proven he’s the master of the one-liner.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got to see the man in action himself and summed things up as efficient as Tortorella likes to keep his pressers.
On if more open ice resulted in more shots in Game 2: “I don’t know.”
On if anything has to change for his team in Game 3: “That will be between the team and I.”
This might be frustrating for reporters looking for more elaborate answers to their questions, but for the casual observer, seeing a coach be as combative as Tortorella go to war like this multiple times a day it’s fascinating to watch.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7