May 1, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
Aside from “generalized chaos” and perhaps schizophrenic goaltending, there wasn’t much you could really depend on with a Philadelphia Flyers playoff game so far. The one thing that seemingly seemed constant was that Philly would push the pace, though.
Well, until Game 2 against the New Jersey Devils, when they seemingly fell asleep after gaining a 1-0 lead to eventually fall to New Jersey 4-1, tying the series at 1-1. If there’s one thing we know about the 2012 playoffs, it’s that it might not be safe to assume much of anything.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Maybe the third period was a little rough, but don’t scapegoat Ilya Bryzgalov. He kept the Flyers ahead 1-0 when the Devils generated a 12-2 (at one point 12-0) shot disadvantage in the second period.
- Still, the Flyers must have been daffy to assume he could pull a Braden Holtby and allow them to turtle their way to win though, right?
- As much as this game was about Philly’s stunning shoulder shrug of a performance, the Devils deserve a lot of credit for absolutely pounding the Flyers. Could it be that they’re actuallyjust that much better?
- The Devils managed to win without Ilya Kovalchuk. I’ll go ahead and preemptively disagree with this question, but do you think they were better off without him in Game 2?
- Speaking of (formerly) injured Devils, Travis Zajac was out most of the season but he’s on fire right now. Is he an underrated X-factor in this series?
- For all the Danny Briere praise, he was at least partially to blame for some lax defense on Devils goals. Is he on the top of the list of players who “believed their press clippings” too much or is just an off-night?
- So, who do you think takes this series now?
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)