May 1, 2012, 9:23 AM EST
Devils coach Peter DeBoer doesn’t want to think about a world where the Devils could wind up down 2-0 in their series with the Flyers after tonight.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that while he’s proud of his team’s effort in bouncing back against Florida, getting down deep to Philly is a really bad idea.
“You’re playing with fire,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said today. “At the same time, we’ve been a real resilient group all year and we’re going to keep getting off the mat. I think we’ve shown that through the season and through the first round of the playoffs, coming back and winning Games 6 and 7 when you’re in that hole the way we did (against Florida). So, I wouldn’t count us out at any point in the series.”
The Devils can avoid getting down by continuing to put pressure on Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and throwing a lot of rubber at the net. Bryzgalov’s effort in Game 1 was rough but still the Flyers fought back to win the game in overtime thanks to Danny Briere‘s heroics.
The Devils should pull out all the stops and growl like bears when cycling around the net. Can’t hurt, right?
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)