May 1, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer doesn’t want to think about a world where the Devils could wind up down 2-0 in their series with the Flyers after tonight.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that while he’s proud of his team’s effort in bouncing back against Florida, getting down deep to Philly is a really bad idea.
“You’re playing with fire,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said today. “At the same time, we’ve been a real resilient group all year and we’re going to keep getting off the mat. I think we’ve shown that through the season and through the first round of the playoffs, coming back and winning Games 6 and 7 when you’re in that hole the way we did (against Florida). So, I wouldn’t count us out at any point in the series.”
The Devils can avoid getting down by continuing to put pressure on Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and throwing a lot of rubber at the net. Bryzgalov’s effort in Game 1 was rough but still the Flyers fought back to win the game in overtime thanks to Danny Briere‘s heroics.
The Devils should pull out all the stops and growl like bears when cycling around the net. Can’t hurt, right?
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 0
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)