May 1, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer doesn’t want to think about a world where the Devils could wind up down 2-0 in their series with the Flyers after tonight.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that while he’s proud of his team’s effort in bouncing back against Florida, getting down deep to Philly is a really bad idea.
“You’re playing with fire,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said today. “At the same time, we’ve been a real resilient group all year and we’re going to keep getting off the mat. I think we’ve shown that through the season and through the first round of the playoffs, coming back and winning Games 6 and 7 when you’re in that hole the way we did (against Florida). So, I wouldn’t count us out at any point in the series.”
The Devils can avoid getting down by continuing to put pressure on Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and throwing a lot of rubber at the net. Bryzgalov’s effort in Game 1 was rough but still the Flyers fought back to win the game in overtime thanks to Danny Briere‘s heroics.
The Devils should pull out all the stops and growl like bears when cycling around the net. Can’t hurt, right?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39