May 1, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer doesn’t want to think about a world where the Devils could wind up down 2-0 in their series with the Flyers after tonight.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that while he’s proud of his team’s effort in bouncing back against Florida, getting down deep to Philly is a really bad idea.
“You’re playing with fire,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said today. “At the same time, we’ve been a real resilient group all year and we’re going to keep getting off the mat. I think we’ve shown that through the season and through the first round of the playoffs, coming back and winning Games 6 and 7 when you’re in that hole the way we did (against Florida). So, I wouldn’t count us out at any point in the series.”
The Devils can avoid getting down by continuing to put pressure on Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and throwing a lot of rubber at the net. Bryzgalov’s effort in Game 1 was rough but still the Flyers fought back to win the game in overtime thanks to Danny Briere‘s heroics.
The Devils should pull out all the stops and growl like bears when cycling around the net. Can’t hurt, right?
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)