May 1, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer doesn’t want to think about a world where the Devils could wind up down 2-0 in their series with the Flyers after tonight.
DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that while he’s proud of his team’s effort in bouncing back against Florida, getting down deep to Philly is a really bad idea.
“You’re playing with fire,” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said today. “At the same time, we’ve been a real resilient group all year and we’re going to keep getting off the mat. I think we’ve shown that through the season and through the first round of the playoffs, coming back and winning Games 6 and 7 when you’re in that hole the way we did (against Florida). So, I wouldn’t count us out at any point in the series.”
The Devils can avoid getting down by continuing to put pressure on Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov and throwing a lot of rubber at the net. Bryzgalov’s effort in Game 1 was rough but still the Flyers fought back to win the game in overtime thanks to Danny Briere‘s heroics.
The Devils should pull out all the stops and growl like bears when cycling around the net. Can’t hurt, right?
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)