May 1, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Most players spend their off-seasons playing golf and sleeping. Surely Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth does some of those things, but perhaps it only makes sense that a man who recently quoted Teddy Roosevelt in defeat would post a photo of a big bear he took down on Twitter.
And naturally, Booth compared that bear to Boston Bruins giant Zdeno Chara.
Warning: animal lovers might want to avoid this photo.
Here’s what Booth said about his kill:
“Just killed a Chara-sized bruin! Seven foot black bear – 21 inch skull.”
Something tells me that Booth watches hunting and fishing programs on NBC Sports Network almost as often as he watches hockey …
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)