May 1, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Most players spend their off-seasons playing golf and sleeping. Surely Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth does some of those things, but perhaps it only makes sense that a man who recently quoted Teddy Roosevelt in defeat would post a photo of a big bear he took down on Twitter.
And naturally, Booth compared that bear to Boston Bruins giant Zdeno Chara.
Warning: animal lovers might want to avoid this photo.
Here’s what Booth said about his kill:
“Just killed a Chara-sized bruin! Seven foot black bear – 21 inch skull.”
Something tells me that Booth watches hunting and fishing programs on NBC Sports Network almost as often as he watches hockey …
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9