May 1, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Most players spend their off-seasons playing golf and sleeping. Surely Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth does some of those things, but perhaps it only makes sense that a man who recently quoted Teddy Roosevelt in defeat would post a photo of a big bear he took down on Twitter.
And naturally, Booth compared that bear to Boston Bruins giant Zdeno Chara.
Warning: animal lovers might want to avoid this photo.
Here’s what Booth said about his kill:
“Just killed a Chara-sized bruin! Seven foot black bear – 21 inch skull.”
Something tells me that Booth watches hunting and fishing programs on NBC Sports Network almost as often as he watches hockey …
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11