May 1, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Most players spend their off-seasons playing golf and sleeping. Surely Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth does some of those things, but perhaps it only makes sense that a man who recently quoted Teddy Roosevelt in defeat would post a photo of a big bear he took down on Twitter.
And naturally, Booth compared that bear to Boston Bruins giant Zdeno Chara.
Warning: animal lovers might want to avoid this photo.
Here’s what Booth said about his kill:
“Just killed a Chara-sized bruin! Seven foot black bear – 21 inch skull.”
Something tells me that Booth watches hunting and fishing programs on NBC Sports Network almost as often as he watches hockey …
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)