May 1, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
For anyone aware of Ilya Bryzgalov‘s eccentric personality before HBO fixed its cameras on him,* the idea of him playing in a harsh media and fan environment for the Philadelphia Flyers was fascinating. (Or worrisome, if you were a Philly fan “in the know.”)
After all these months, Breezy’s tiger-protecting naivete is still sort of charming. When asked about the New Jersey Devils’ dominant 4-1 win – and the Flyers’ flaccid effort – Bryzgalov told Sam Carchidi how he’d like the story to be framed.
“Bryz says give Devils credit instead of criticizing Flyers.”
My guess is that will happen right around the time that the Philadelphia Eagles erect a Donovan McNabb statue.
* – Yes, he said weird and hilarious things well before 24/7 came along.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27