May 1, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
For anyone aware of Ilya Bryzgalov‘s eccentric personality before HBO fixed its cameras on him,* the idea of him playing in a harsh media and fan environment for the Philadelphia Flyers was fascinating. (Or worrisome, if you were a Philly fan “in the know.”)
After all these months, Breezy’s tiger-protecting naivete is still sort of charming. When asked about the New Jersey Devils’ dominant 4-1 win – and the Flyers’ flaccid effort – Bryzgalov told Sam Carchidi how he’d like the story to be framed.
“Bryz says give Devils credit instead of criticizing Flyers.”
My guess is that will happen right around the time that the Philadelphia Eagles erect a Donovan McNabb statue.
* – Yes, he said weird and hilarious things well before 24/7 came along.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)