May 1, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
When you’re on the right end of a playoff rivalry win, it’s easy to inject some humor into the proceedings. New Jersey Devils goalie/future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur was glad to get a few yucks about David Clarkson, who scored the game-winner in the Devils’ 4-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2.
Tom Gulitti captured the quotes.
“It’s nice for him to go to the net and score one of his typical goals,” Brodeur said. “Just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbard, hold it for a second for pictures and move on.”
“I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too … he’s proud of that.”
In case you’re curious, here are a few shots of Clarkson’s celebration.
And since you’ve been so patient with your scrolling, here’s a solid shot of that aforementioned beard.
Well, it’s no Scott Niedermayer “lightning” beard, but it’s certainly better than anything I can grow. That brings me to a wildly subjective – and hairy – question: who gets your vote for the best beard of the 2012 playoffs so far?
(Unaccompanied goatees need not apply.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)