May 1, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
When you’re on the right end of a playoff rivalry win, it’s easy to inject some humor into the proceedings. New Jersey Devils goalie/future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur was glad to get a few yucks about David Clarkson, who scored the game-winner in the Devils’ 4-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2.
Tom Gulitti captured the quotes.
“It’s nice for him to go to the net and score one of his typical goals,” Brodeur said. “Just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbard, hold it for a second for pictures and move on.”
“I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too … he’s proud of that.”
In case you’re curious, here are a few shots of Clarkson’s celebration.
And since you’ve been so patient with your scrolling, here’s a solid shot of that aforementioned beard.
Well, it’s no Scott Niedermayer “lightning” beard, but it’s certainly better than anything I can grow. That brings me to a wildly subjective – and hairy – question: who gets your vote for the best beard of the 2012 playoffs so far?
(Unaccompanied goatees need not apply.)
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights