May 1, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
When you’re on the right end of a playoff rivalry win, it’s easy to inject some humor into the proceedings. New Jersey Devils goalie/future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur was glad to get a few yucks about David Clarkson, who scored the game-winner in the Devils’ 4-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2.
Tom Gulitti captured the quotes.
“It’s nice for him to go to the net and score one of his typical goals,” Brodeur said. “Just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbard, hold it for a second for pictures and move on.”
“I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too … he’s proud of that.”
In case you’re curious, here are a few shots of Clarkson’s celebration.
And since you’ve been so patient with your scrolling, here’s a solid shot of that aforementioned beard.
Well, it’s no Scott Niedermayer “lightning” beard, but it’s certainly better than anything I can grow. That brings me to a wildly subjective – and hairy – question: who gets your vote for the best beard of the 2012 playoffs so far?
(Unaccompanied goatees need not apply.)
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)