May 1, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
When you’re on the right end of a playoff rivalry win, it’s easy to inject some humor into the proceedings. New Jersey Devils goalie/future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur was glad to get a few yucks about David Clarkson, who scored the game-winner in the Devils’ 4-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2.
Tom Gulitti captured the quotes.
“It’s nice for him to go to the net and score one of his typical goals,” Brodeur said. “Just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbard, hold it for a second for pictures and move on.”
“I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too … he’s proud of that.”
In case you’re curious, here are a few shots of Clarkson’s celebration.
And since you’ve been so patient with your scrolling, here’s a solid shot of that aforementioned beard.
Well, it’s no Scott Niedermayer “lightning” beard, but it’s certainly better than anything I can grow. That brings me to a wildly subjective – and hairy – question: who gets your vote for the best beard of the 2012 playoffs so far?
(Unaccompanied goatees need not apply.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)