May 1, 2012, 11:05 PM EST
When you’re on the right end of a playoff rivalry win, it’s easy to inject some humor into the proceedings. New Jersey Devils goalie/future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur was glad to get a few yucks about David Clarkson, who scored the game-winner in the Devils’ 4-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2.
Tom Gulitti captured the quotes.
“It’s nice for him to go to the net and score one of his typical goals,” Brodeur said. “Just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbard, hold it for a second for pictures and move on.”
“I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too … he’s proud of that.”
In case you’re curious, here are a few shots of Clarkson’s celebration.
And since you’ve been so patient with your scrolling, here’s a solid shot of that aforementioned beard.
Well, it’s no Scott Niedermayer “lightning” beard, but it’s certainly better than anything I can grow. That brings me to a wildly subjective – and hairy – question: who gets your vote for the best beard of the 2012 playoffs so far?
(Unaccompanied goatees need not apply.)
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 3
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 50
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)