May 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
With Ilya Kovalchuk sitting out of tonight’s Game 2 against Philadelphia, the Devils had some lineup shuffling to do. While the team called up forward Tim Sestito, it appears the Devils will run with seven defensemen instead and one of them will be rookie Adam Larsson.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Larsson will be in the Devils lineup paired up with Anton Volchenkov tonight while Peter Harrold will slot in on the team’s fourth line. For Larsson, this will be his first playoff game and after finishing the season struggling and playing in just one of the team’s last 14 games, it’s a heck of a time to make your postseason debut.
Having Larsson paired up with Volchenkov gives him some veteran steadiness to provide some security but also a guy who was snake bitten in the first round against Florida. Volchenkov’s play recently, however, has been strong and should give Larsson a lift in his first game in weeks.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7