May 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
With Ilya Kovalchuk sitting out of tonight’s Game 2 against Philadelphia, the Devils had some lineup shuffling to do. While the team called up forward Tim Sestito, it appears the Devils will run with seven defensemen instead and one of them will be rookie Adam Larsson.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Larsson will be in the Devils lineup paired up with Anton Volchenkov tonight while Peter Harrold will slot in on the team’s fourth line. For Larsson, this will be his first playoff game and after finishing the season struggling and playing in just one of the team’s last 14 games, it’s a heck of a time to make your postseason debut.
Having Larsson paired up with Volchenkov gives him some veteran steadiness to provide some security but also a guy who was snake bitten in the first round against Florida. Volchenkov’s play recently, however, has been strong and should give Larsson a lift in his first game in weeks.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8