May 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
With Ilya Kovalchuk sitting out of tonight’s Game 2 against Philadelphia, the Devils had some lineup shuffling to do. While the team called up forward Tim Sestito, it appears the Devils will run with seven defensemen instead and one of them will be rookie Adam Larsson.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Larsson will be in the Devils lineup paired up with Anton Volchenkov tonight while Peter Harrold will slot in on the team’s fourth line. For Larsson, this will be his first playoff game and after finishing the season struggling and playing in just one of the team’s last 14 games, it’s a heck of a time to make your postseason debut.
Having Larsson paired up with Volchenkov gives him some veteran steadiness to provide some security but also a guy who was snake bitten in the first round against Florida. Volchenkov’s play recently, however, has been strong and should give Larsson a lift in his first game in weeks.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)