May 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
With Ilya Kovalchuk sitting out of tonight’s Game 2 against Philadelphia, the Devils had some lineup shuffling to do. While the team called up forward Tim Sestito, it appears the Devils will run with seven defensemen instead and one of them will be rookie Adam Larsson.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Larsson will be in the Devils lineup paired up with Anton Volchenkov tonight while Peter Harrold will slot in on the team’s fourth line. For Larsson, this will be his first playoff game and after finishing the season struggling and playing in just one of the team’s last 14 games, it’s a heck of a time to make your postseason debut.
Having Larsson paired up with Volchenkov gives him some veteran steadiness to provide some security but also a guy who was snake bitten in the first round against Florida. Volchenkov’s play recently, however, has been strong and should give Larsson a lift in his first game in weeks.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)