Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings survived Game 1 as much as they won it, but they’ve been pretty dominant through most of Game 2 against the St. Louis Blues. In both cases, Jonathan Quick justified the praise he’s received (from Rogie Vachon and others) as Brian Elliott struggled.
He’s also gotten a little luck here and there, with this goal-line save being perhaps the shining example of the positive bounces he occasionally receives.
Somewhere, someone is probably making a cheesy pun about “needing to be Quick to be lucky” or something along those lines. (Wait, did I just do that? Oops.)
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11