Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings survived Game 1 as much as they won it, but they’ve been pretty dominant through most of Game 2 against the St. Louis Blues. In both cases, Jonathan Quick justified the praise he’s received (from Rogie Vachon and others) as Brian Elliott struggled.
He’s also gotten a little luck here and there, with this goal-line save being perhaps the shining example of the positive bounces he occasionally receives.
Somewhere, someone is probably making a cheesy pun about “needing to be Quick to be lucky” or something along those lines. (Wait, did I just do that? Oops.)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 7
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6