Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings survived Game 1 as much as they won it, but they’ve been pretty dominant through most of Game 2 against the St. Louis Blues. In both cases, Jonathan Quick justified the praise he’s received (from Rogie Vachon and others) as Brian Elliott struggled.
He’s also gotten a little luck here and there, with this goal-line save being perhaps the shining example of the positive bounces he occasionally receives.
Somewhere, someone is probably making a cheesy pun about “needing to be Quick to be lucky” or something along those lines. (Wait, did I just do that? Oops.)
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54