Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings survived Game 1 as much as they won it, but they’ve been pretty dominant through most of Game 2 against the St. Louis Blues. In both cases, Jonathan Quick justified the praise he’s received (from Rogie Vachon and others) as Brian Elliott struggled.
He’s also gotten a little luck here and there, with this goal-line save being perhaps the shining example of the positive bounces he occasionally receives.
Somewhere, someone is probably making a cheesy pun about “needing to be Quick to be lucky” or something along those lines. (Wait, did I just do that? Oops.)
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39