Apr 30, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have a 2-0 series lead against the Nashville Predators and, according to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick, Nashville’s Alex Radulov has been part of the problem. You can check out what they had to say about Radulov below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
So is it time for Predators coach Barry Trotz to step up and defend his player? Well, not exactly.
Trotz said Radulov “absolutely” deserved the critique you saw above. At this point, Trotz isn’t even willing to confirm that Radulov will play in Game 3 on Wednesday.
“I couldn’t even tell you that,” Trotz said. “I’m not trying to hold anything back. I just don’t know yet … There’s a lot of guys you could flip out.”
In fact, the only defense Trotz really seemed to offer was that other Predators’ players deserve some of the blame too.
“I know Rad took a lot from the NBC crew, but there are a lot of guys that have to look in the mirror right now that aren’t playing as well as they have,” said Trotz.
“There are guys that haven’t contributed in any significant way in the last couple games here, be it scoring chances, be it defensive play, be it momentum, be it physicality, all the things. … It’s just not good enough. We just have to up our game, plain and simple.”
The Predators took a risk and decided to be significant buyers in the lead-up to the trade deadline in the hope that this would be their year. They were able to get past the Detroit Red Wings, but it would be hard for them to call this season a success if it ends at the hands of the Phoenix Coyotes in the second round.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)