Apr 30, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have a 2-0 series lead against the Nashville Predators and, according to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick, Nashville’s Alex Radulov has been part of the problem. You can check out what they had to say about Radulov below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
So is it time for Predators coach Barry Trotz to step up and defend his player? Well, not exactly.
Trotz said Radulov “absolutely” deserved the critique you saw above. At this point, Trotz isn’t even willing to confirm that Radulov will play in Game 3 on Wednesday.
“I couldn’t even tell you that,” Trotz said. “I’m not trying to hold anything back. I just don’t know yet … There’s a lot of guys you could flip out.”
In fact, the only defense Trotz really seemed to offer was that other Predators’ players deserve some of the blame too.
“I know Rad took a lot from the NBC crew, but there are a lot of guys that have to look in the mirror right now that aren’t playing as well as they have,” said Trotz.
“There are guys that haven’t contributed in any significant way in the last couple games here, be it scoring chances, be it defensive play, be it momentum, be it physicality, all the things. … It’s just not good enough. We just have to up our game, plain and simple.”
The Predators took a risk and decided to be significant buyers in the lead-up to the trade deadline in the hope that this would be their year. They were able to get past the Detroit Red Wings, but it would be hard for them to call this season a success if it ends at the hands of the Phoenix Coyotes in the second round.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)