Apr 30, 2012, 9:36 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have a 2-0 series lead against the Nashville Predators and, according to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick, Nashville’s Alex Radulov has been part of the problem. You can check out what they had to say about Radulov below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
So is it time for Predators coach Barry Trotz to step up and defend his player? Well, not exactly.
Trotz said Radulov “absolutely” deserved the critique you saw above. At this point, Trotz isn’t even willing to confirm that Radulov will play in Game 3 on Wednesday.
“I couldn’t even tell you that,” Trotz said. “I’m not trying to hold anything back. I just don’t know yet … There’s a lot of guys you could flip out.”
In fact, the only defense Trotz really seemed to offer was that other Predators’ players deserve some of the blame too.
“I know Rad took a lot from the NBC crew, but there are a lot of guys that have to look in the mirror right now that aren’t playing as well as they have,” said Trotz.
“There are guys that haven’t contributed in any significant way in the last couple games here, be it scoring chances, be it defensive play, be it momentum, be it physicality, all the things. … It’s just not good enough. We just have to up our game, plain and simple.”
The Predators took a risk and decided to be significant buyers in the lead-up to the trade deadline in the hope that this would be their year. They were able to get past the Detroit Red Wings, but it would be hard for them to call this season a success if it ends at the hands of the Phoenix Coyotes in the second round.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 7
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 39
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)