Apr 30, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Apparently the reports of Alexander Semin‘s demotion were for naught. After skating on the fourth line in practice today, Semin was instead on the second line with his usual Washington Capitals linemates during the pregame skate, according to Stephen Whyno and others.
Semin had some tough times in Game 1 against the New York Rangers, but onlookers raved about his all-out effort during much of the seven-game series against the Boston Bruins.
Ultimately, it’s all about filling up the net for the pending free agent, though. Considering how rare goals have suddenly become in Capitals contests lately, lighting a fire under Semin might just make a big difference.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28