Apr 30, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Apparently the reports of Alexander Semin‘s demotion were for naught. After skating on the fourth line in practice today, Semin was instead on the second line with his usual Washington Capitals linemates during the pregame skate, according to Stephen Whyno and others.
Semin had some tough times in Game 1 against the New York Rangers, but onlookers raved about his all-out effort during much of the seven-game series against the Boston Bruins.
Ultimately, it’s all about filling up the net for the pending free agent, though. Considering how rare goals have suddenly become in Capitals contests lately, lighting a fire under Semin might just make a big difference.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)