Apr 30, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Apparently the reports of Alexander Semin‘s demotion were for naught. After skating on the fourth line in practice today, Semin was instead on the second line with his usual Washington Capitals linemates during the pregame skate, according to Stephen Whyno and others.
Semin had some tough times in Game 1 against the New York Rangers, but onlookers raved about his all-out effort during much of the seven-game series against the Boston Bruins.
Ultimately, it’s all about filling up the net for the pending free agent, though. Considering how rare goals have suddenly become in Capitals contests lately, lighting a fire under Semin might just make a big difference.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 17
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5