Apr 30, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Apparently the reports of Alexander Semin‘s demotion were for naught. After skating on the fourth line in practice today, Semin was instead on the second line with his usual Washington Capitals linemates during the pregame skate, according to Stephen Whyno and others.
Semin had some tough times in Game 1 against the New York Rangers, but onlookers raved about his all-out effort during much of the seven-game series against the Boston Bruins.
Ultimately, it’s all about filling up the net for the pending free agent, though. Considering how rare goals have suddenly become in Capitals contests lately, lighting a fire under Semin might just make a big difference.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)