Apr 30, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Many believe that Pietrangelo is dealing with concussion-like symptoms – or at least some other “upper-body injury” – yet that doesn’t seem to be the message from the Blues. Jeremy Rutherford reports that Pietrangelo is missing tonight’s game (which just began on CNBC) because of a lower-body injury instead of those concussion concerns.
Either way, it’s an interesting wrinkle and a worrisome development for St. Louis, who are already behind the Kings 1-0 very early on in Game 2.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18