Apr 30, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
From The Record:
Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk was not available to meet with the media following the team’s video meeting this afternoon.
A team spokesperson said Kovalchuk had gone to “therapy” and will be meeting up with the Devils later today in Philadelphia. He will apparently not be joining the team on its bus ride to Philadelphia this afternoon for Tuesday night’s Game 2 against the Flyers.
Although Kovalchuk appears to have been struggling with some kind of injury throughout the playoffs—believed to be his lower back—he has repeatedly said when asked that he is healthy.
It’s not clear what “therapy” he was receiving, but we’re quite certain it wasn’t “couples.”
In other Devils news, goalie Martin Brodeur was happy the team decided to bus back home after yesterday’s game instead of staying in Philadelphia until tomorrow.
“I got to see my kid this morning, so that was fun,” Brodeur said. “If it wasn’t for the bus ride, it would be all right. It’s not the greatest bus ride, but I think just to get away from the guys (helped).”
In a related story, the Blues and Kings feel just awful that Brodeur’s being forced to take “not the greatest bus ride.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)