Apr 30, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
From The Record:
Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk was not available to meet with the media following the team’s video meeting this afternoon.
A team spokesperson said Kovalchuk had gone to “therapy” and will be meeting up with the Devils later today in Philadelphia. He will apparently not be joining the team on its bus ride to Philadelphia this afternoon for Tuesday night’s Game 2 against the Flyers.
Although Kovalchuk appears to have been struggling with some kind of injury throughout the playoffs—believed to be his lower back—he has repeatedly said when asked that he is healthy.
It’s not clear what “therapy” he was receiving, but we’re quite certain it wasn’t “couples.”
In other Devils news, goalie Martin Brodeur was happy the team decided to bus back home after yesterday’s game instead of staying in Philadelphia until tomorrow.
“I got to see my kid this morning, so that was fun,” Brodeur said. “If it wasn’t for the bus ride, it would be all right. It’s not the greatest bus ride, but I think just to get away from the guys (helped).”
In a related story, the Blues and Kings feel just awful that Brodeur’s being forced to take “not the greatest bus ride.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)