Apr 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
During Nashville’s first round series with Detroit, defenseman Kevin Klein was a bit of a breakout player. He scored a coupe goals, laid some big hits, and showed Predators fans that he’s got some game going on and shouldn’t just be the butt of jokes anymore.
Then the second round began and the Coyotes started scoring goals by the bunches and Klein turned out to have a really good view of them on the ice. Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean makes note of how Klein’s Game 2 effort was bad enough to be singled out.
Against the Coyotes, he has had his issues. He was on ice for three second period goals against. You saw him preventing goals in the first series. In this one, it’s not the same. He did have a nice assist on Andrei Kostitsyn’s goal. But overall, Klein hasn’t made the same types of decisions as Round 1.
Bad pinches, bad reads, and a lot of forwards zipping past him on the way to Pekka Rinne‘s net. Yes, Shea Weber and Ryan Suter get all the attention on the Nashville blue line, but when guys like Klein are getting noticed for play like this, it’s nothing but bad news for the Predators.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)