Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
It’s deja vu for St. Loo.
“Sounds like D’Agostini is in for Stewy [Stewart],” tweeted Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Hitch said he’s like Stewart lately but Blues need Dags’ speed and help on PP.”
D’Agostini has played just once this postseason — Game 2 against San Jose in Round 1 — and only got 9:26 of ice time.
That said, this situation is pretty interesting given the familiar circumstances:
– In St. Louis’ opening round series against San Jose, the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
– In St. Louis’ second round series against L.A., the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
– In Game 2 against the Sharks, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
– In Game 2 against the Kings, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
It’s not surprising to see Hitchcock use this strategy again. His lineup changes against San Jose altered the course of the series, propelling St. Louis to four straight wins, including an emotional Game 2 victory that featured 130 total penalty minutes.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)