Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
It’s deja vu for St. Loo.
“Sounds like D’Agostini is in for Stewy [Stewart],” tweeted Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Hitch said he’s like Stewart lately but Blues need Dags’ speed and help on PP.”
D’Agostini has played just once this postseason — Game 2 against San Jose in Round 1 — and only got 9:26 of ice time.
That said, this situation is pretty interesting given the familiar circumstances:
– In St. Louis’ opening round series against San Jose, the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
— In St. Louis’ second round series against L.A., the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
— In Game 2 against the Sharks, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
— In Game 2 against the Kings, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
It’s not surprising to see Hitchcock use this strategy again. His lineup changes against San Jose altered the course of the series, propelling St. Louis to four straight wins, including an emotional Game 2 victory that featured 130 total penalty minutes.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10