Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
It’s deja vu for St. Loo.
“Sounds like D’Agostini is in for Stewy [Stewart],” tweeted Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Hitch said he’s like Stewart lately but Blues need Dags’ speed and help on PP.”
D’Agostini has played just once this postseason — Game 2 against San Jose in Round 1 — and only got 9:26 of ice time.
That said, this situation is pretty interesting given the familiar circumstances:
– In St. Louis’ opening round series against San Jose, the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
– In St. Louis’ second round series against L.A., the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
– In Game 2 against the Sharks, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
– In Game 2 against the Kings, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
It’s not surprising to see Hitchcock use this strategy again. His lineup changes against San Jose altered the course of the series, propelling St. Louis to four straight wins, including an emotional Game 2 victory that featured 130 total penalty minutes.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 13
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 20
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 60
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 84
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 7
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional