Apr 30, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
It’s deja vu for St. Loo.
“Sounds like D’Agostini is in for Stewy [Stewart],” tweeted Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Hitch said he’s like Stewart lately but Blues need Dags’ speed and help on PP.”
D’Agostini has played just once this postseason — Game 2 against San Jose in Round 1 — and only got 9:26 of ice time.
That said, this situation is pretty interesting given the familiar circumstances:
— In St. Louis’ opening round series against San Jose, the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
— In St. Louis’ second round series against L.A., the Blues dropped Game 1 at home.
— In Game 2 against the Sharks, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
— In Game 2 against the Kings, Hitchcock took Stewart out of the lineup in favor of D’Agostini.
It’s not surprising to see Hitchcock use this strategy again. His lineup changes against San Jose altered the course of the series, propelling St. Louis to four straight wins, including an emotional Game 2 victory that featured 130 total penalty minutes.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46