Apr 30, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times gets word from Ken Hitchcock that if Pietrangelo skates in warm-ups tonight, he’ll be good to go for the game. Hitchcock also says Pietrangelo “feels good so far,” but that he and the other coaches are deciding if he should play.
“Everybody’s got it as an upper but it’s not an upper. It’s between the middle and lower,” Hitchcock explained. “You got it in the wrong place but that’s OK. You all make mistakes sometimes.”
When reminded he said it was an upper body injury, Hitch was quick on the response.
“Oh did I? Damn coaches… They lie all the time!”
If Pietrangelo can’t play, Ian Cole will get the call to go for him instead.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28