Apr 30, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times gets word from Ken Hitchcock that if Pietrangelo skates in warm-ups tonight, he’ll be good to go for the game. Hitchcock also says Pietrangelo “feels good so far,” but that he and the other coaches are deciding if he should play.
“Everybody’s got it as an upper but it’s not an upper. It’s between the middle and lower,” Hitchcock explained. “You got it in the wrong place but that’s OK. You all make mistakes sometimes.”
When reminded he said it was an upper body injury, Hitch was quick on the response.
“Oh did I? Damn coaches… They lie all the time!”
If Pietrangelo can’t play, Ian Cole will get the call to go for him instead.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6