Apr 30, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times gets word from Ken Hitchcock that if Pietrangelo skates in warm-ups tonight, he’ll be good to go for the game. Hitchcock also says Pietrangelo “feels good so far,” but that he and the other coaches are deciding if he should play.
“Everybody’s got it as an upper but it’s not an upper. It’s between the middle and lower,” Hitchcock explained. “You got it in the wrong place but that’s OK. You all make mistakes sometimes.”
When reminded he said it was an upper body injury, Hitch was quick on the response.
“Oh did I? Damn coaches… They lie all the time!”
If Pietrangelo can’t play, Ian Cole will get the call to go for him instead.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 16
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7