Apr 30, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times gets word from Ken Hitchcock that if Pietrangelo skates in warm-ups tonight, he’ll be good to go for the game. Hitchcock also says Pietrangelo “feels good so far,” but that he and the other coaches are deciding if he should play.
“Everybody’s got it as an upper but it’s not an upper. It’s between the middle and lower,” Hitchcock explained. “You got it in the wrong place but that’s OK. You all make mistakes sometimes.”
When reminded he said it was an upper body injury, Hitch was quick on the response.
“Oh did I? Damn coaches… They lie all the time!”
If Pietrangelo can’t play, Ian Cole will get the call to go for him instead.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)