Apr 30, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times gets word from Ken Hitchcock that if Pietrangelo skates in warm-ups tonight, he’ll be good to go for the game. Hitchcock also says Pietrangelo “feels good so far,” but that he and the other coaches are deciding if he should play.
“Everybody’s got it as an upper but it’s not an upper. It’s between the middle and lower,” Hitchcock explained. “You got it in the wrong place but that’s OK. You all make mistakes sometimes.”
When reminded he said it was an upper body injury, Hitch was quick on the response.
“Oh did I? Damn coaches… They lie all the time!”
If Pietrangelo can’t play, Ian Cole will get the call to go for him instead.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 30
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)