Apr 29, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
Pekka Rinne might not receive the Vezina Trophy this season, but it’s obvious to see why he was nominated. He topped the NHL in wins on the heels of signing a contract extension that will give him an NHL-high $7 million annual cap hit. He’s about as distinguished as a young goalie can get … which is why this goal is so surprising.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Rinne has already allowed four goals in two straight games with one more period to go. It’ll be interesting to see if he bounces back either in the third period or in Game 3 if Barry Trotz turns to Anders Lindback to finish tonight’s contest. Either way, the first two entries in this series will be ones that Rinne will probably want to put behind him.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8