Apr 29, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
Pekka Rinne might not receive the Vezina Trophy this season, but it’s obvious to see why he was nominated. He topped the NHL in wins on the heels of signing a contract extension that will give him an NHL-high $7 million annual cap hit. He’s about as distinguished as a young goalie can get … which is why this goal is so surprising.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Rinne has already allowed four goals in two straight games with one more period to go. It’ll be interesting to see if he bounces back either in the third period or in Game 3 if Barry Trotz turns to Anders Lindback to finish tonight’s contest. Either way, the first two entries in this series will be ones that Rinne will probably want to put behind him.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63