Apr 29, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
With each home playoff game, the Flyers have a new orange-colored t-shirt for the fans with a new theme on it and with their relative neighbors the New Jersey Devils in town, Philly wants to protect their turf.
Today’s game shirt, courtesy of the Flyers’ Twitter account, says the Flyers are “marking our territory.” With a flag planted in Pittsburgh and now sites set on New Jersey, this shirt makes you think more of a crude Calvin and Hobbes car window sticker than trying to dominate your next-door neighbors.
It’s not as fun as telling Sidney Crosby they don’t like him either or even having some jam with Peter Laviolette, but somehow this whole thing fits a lot nicer in a series with the Devils. You never think of Philly and New Jersey playing nicely and this shirt certainly hammers that point home with bathroom aplomb.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28