Apr 29, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
With each home playoff game, the Flyers have a new orange-colored t-shirt for the fans with a new theme on it and with their relative neighbors the New Jersey Devils in town, Philly wants to protect their turf.
Today’s game shirt, courtesy of the Flyers’ Twitter account, says the Flyers are “marking our territory.” With a flag planted in Pittsburgh and now sites set on New Jersey, this shirt makes you think more of a crude Calvin and Hobbes car window sticker than trying to dominate your next-door neighbors.
It’s not as fun as telling Sidney Crosby they don’t like him either or even having some jam with Peter Laviolette, but somehow this whole thing fits a lot nicer in a series with the Devils. You never think of Philly and New Jersey playing nicely and this shirt certainly hammers that point home with bathroom aplomb.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)