Apr 29, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
With each home playoff game, the Flyers have a new orange-colored t-shirt for the fans with a new theme on it and with their relative neighbors the New Jersey Devils in town, Philly wants to protect their turf.
Today’s game shirt, courtesy of the Flyers’ Twitter account, says the Flyers are “marking our territory.” With a flag planted in Pittsburgh and now sites set on New Jersey, this shirt makes you think more of a crude Calvin and Hobbes car window sticker than trying to dominate your next-door neighbors.
It’s not as fun as telling Sidney Crosby they don’t like him either or even having some jam with Peter Laviolette, but somehow this whole thing fits a lot nicer in a series with the Devils. You never think of Philly and New Jersey playing nicely and this shirt certainly hammers that point home with bathroom aplomb.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)