Apr 29, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
With each home playoff game, the Flyers have a new orange-colored t-shirt for the fans with a new theme on it and with their relative neighbors the New Jersey Devils in town, Philly wants to protect their turf.
Today’s game shirt, courtesy of the Flyers’ Twitter account, says the Flyers are “marking our territory.” With a flag planted in Pittsburgh and now sites set on New Jersey, this shirt makes you think more of a crude Calvin and Hobbes car window sticker than trying to dominate your next-door neighbors.
It’s not as fun as telling Sidney Crosby they don’t like him either or even having some jam with Peter Laviolette, but somehow this whole thing fits a lot nicer in a series with the Devils. You never think of Philly and New Jersey playing nicely and this shirt certainly hammers that point home with bathroom aplomb.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 24
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires