Apr 29, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
Martin Brodeur has been through it all before. He’s had series where he’s had to do minimal work and others where he’s a virtual whirling dervish. When it comes to his upcoming series against the Philadelphia Flyers, he knows that he’s going to need to be ready for anything, especially the physical side of things.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Brodeur that he’s ready for what the Flyers throw at him and that includes bodies as well as pucks.
“They’re a team that goes to the net hard. If you look at some of the goals they scored (against the Penguins), they had guys diving for free pucks right through (goalie Marc-Andre) Fleury. That’s hockey. That’s playoff hockey,” Brodeur told me.
Expect the Flyers to keep doing the same unless the Devils’ defensemen and forwards can buckle down and prevent the net-crashing party. Considering the array of players Philly has that are adept around the net, Brodeur could be in for some trouble if his defense falters. With guys like Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jaromir Jagr all mixing it up, the Devils defense will need to be stiff to counteract the Flyers attack.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 4
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)