Apr 29, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
Martin Brodeur has been through it all before. He’s had series where he’s had to do minimal work and others where he’s a virtual whirling dervish. When it comes to his upcoming series against the Philadelphia Flyers, he knows that he’s going to need to be ready for anything, especially the physical side of things.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Brodeur that he’s ready for what the Flyers throw at him and that includes bodies as well as pucks.
“They’re a team that goes to the net hard. If you look at some of the goals they scored (against the Penguins), they had guys diving for free pucks right through (goalie Marc-Andre) Fleury. That’s hockey. That’s playoff hockey,” Brodeur told me.
Expect the Flyers to keep doing the same unless the Devils’ defensemen and forwards can buckle down and prevent the net-crashing party. Considering the array of players Philly has that are adept around the net, Brodeur could be in for some trouble if his defense falters. With guys like Danny Briere, Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jaromir Jagr all mixing it up, the Devils defense will need to be stiff to counteract the Flyers attack.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)