Apr 29, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
The Capitals’ practice in New York City today yielded one bit of news.
According to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, coach Dale Hunter had forward Alexander Semin skating on the fourth line alongside Keith Aucoin and Mike Knuble. Hunter has been a stickler for accountability since becoming the Caps coach and after seeing Semin take two bad penalties in yesterday’s Game 1 loss to New York, Semin is apparently paying the price with a demotion.
Moving up in the world thanks to Semin being moved down was Joel Ward who jumps to the third line while the second line features Nicklas Backstrom centering Marcus Johansson and Jason Chimera. The top line of Brooks Laich centering Alex Ovechkin and Troy Brouwer remained unchanged.
Having Semin come up small like that in Game 1 was a tough blow for the Capitals and they’ll be banking on him returning to the form he showed in the first round where he was an all-around threat.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)