Apr 29, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
The Capitals’ practice in New York City today yielded one bit of news.
According to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, coach Dale Hunter had forward Alexander Semin skating on the fourth line alongside Keith Aucoin and Mike Knuble. Hunter has been a stickler for accountability since becoming the Caps coach and after seeing Semin take two bad penalties in yesterday’s Game 1 loss to New York, Semin is apparently paying the price with a demotion.
Moving up in the world thanks to Semin being moved down was Joel Ward who jumps to the third line while the second line features Nicklas Backstrom centering Marcus Johansson and Jason Chimera. The top line of Brooks Laich centering Alex Ovechkin and Troy Brouwer remained unchanged.
Having Semin come up small like that in Game 1 was a tough blow for the Capitals and they’ll be banking on him returning to the form he showed in the first round where he was an all-around threat.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)