Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
It’s easy to get caught up in nostalgia or appreciation for what legendary older players do in the league. We’ve all had our moments to gush over Nicklas Lidstrom or Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr is no different.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Devils stars Patrik Elias and Zach Parise about how they’re in awe of what Jagr is continuing to do in the NHL at nearly age 40. Parise being the younger of the two players was particularly complimentary.
“I’m not surprised, a guy with his size and strength,” Zach Parise said. “He looks likes eight years younger than he is. He’s still playing really well.”
Flattery will get you everywhere, Zach.
Elias says that even though he grew up in the Czech Republic like Jagr, he didn’t look up to Jagr. Don’t take that as a slight as he said he looked up to his brothers, but Elias is more than appreciative of the career Jagr had and continues to build on. Don’t expect the pleasantries to continue when they drop the puck this afternoon in their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)