Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
It’s easy to get caught up in nostalgia or appreciation for what legendary older players do in the league. We’ve all had our moments to gush over Nicklas Lidstrom or Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr is no different.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Devils stars Patrik Elias and Zach Parise about how they’re in awe of what Jagr is continuing to do in the NHL at nearly age 40. Parise being the younger of the two players was particularly complimentary.
“I’m not surprised, a guy with his size and strength,” Zach Parise said. “He looks likes eight years younger than he is. He’s still playing really well.”
Flattery will get you everywhere, Zach.
Elias says that even though he grew up in the Czech Republic like Jagr, he didn’t look up to Jagr. Don’t take that as a slight as he said he looked up to his brothers, but Elias is more than appreciative of the career Jagr had and continues to build on. Don’t expect the pleasantries to continue when they drop the puck this afternoon in their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 4
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 65
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)