Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
It’s easy to get caught up in nostalgia or appreciation for what legendary older players do in the league. We’ve all had our moments to gush over Nicklas Lidstrom or Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr is no different.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Devils stars Patrik Elias and Zach Parise about how they’re in awe of what Jagr is continuing to do in the NHL at nearly age 40. Parise being the younger of the two players was particularly complimentary.
“I’m not surprised, a guy with his size and strength,” Zach Parise said. “He looks likes eight years younger than he is. He’s still playing really well.”
Flattery will get you everywhere, Zach.
Elias says that even though he grew up in the Czech Republic like Jagr, he didn’t look up to Jagr. Don’t take that as a slight as he said he looked up to his brothers, but Elias is more than appreciative of the career Jagr had and continues to build on. Don’t expect the pleasantries to continue when they drop the puck this afternoon in their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)