Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM EDT
It’s easy to get caught up in nostalgia or appreciation for what legendary older players do in the league. We’ve all had our moments to gush over Nicklas Lidstrom or Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr is no different.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Devils stars Patrik Elias and Zach Parise about how they’re in awe of what Jagr is continuing to do in the NHL at nearly age 40. Parise being the younger of the two players was particularly complimentary.
“I’m not surprised, a guy with his size and strength,” Zach Parise said. “He looks likes eight years younger than he is. He’s still playing really well.”
Flattery will get you everywhere, Zach.
Elias says that even though he grew up in the Czech Republic like Jagr, he didn’t look up to Jagr. Don’t take that as a slight as he said he looked up to his brothers, but Elias is more than appreciative of the career Jagr had and continues to build on. Don’t expect the pleasantries to continue when they drop the puck this afternoon in their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)