Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 AM EST
It’s easy to get caught up in nostalgia or appreciation for what legendary older players do in the league. We’ve all had our moments to gush over Nicklas Lidstrom or Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr is no different.
Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger hears it from Devils stars Patrik Elias and Zach Parise about how they’re in awe of what Jagr is continuing to do in the NHL at nearly age 40. Parise being the younger of the two players was particularly complimentary.
“I’m not surprised, a guy with his size and strength,” Zach Parise said. “He looks likes eight years younger than he is. He’s still playing really well.”
Flattery will get you everywhere, Zach.
Elias says that even though he grew up in the Czech Republic like Jagr, he didn’t look up to Jagr. Don’t take that as a slight as he said he looked up to his brothers, but Elias is more than appreciative of the career Jagr had and continues to build on. Don’t expect the pleasantries to continue when they drop the puck this afternoon in their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 21
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)