Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
It was familiar territory for the New Jersey Devils going to overtime for the third straight game, but this time it wouldn’t turn out well as Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game to give the Flyers a 4-3 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Devils won the final two games of their first round series against Florida in overtime but couldn’t hold back the Flyers this time around. Brodeur made 32 saves in the loss while Ilya Bryzgalov made 23 saves while playing uninspiring in goal to get the win.
Some thoughts to take with you into the chat:
- Danny Briere stays red hot when it comes to the playoffs. His point totals as a Flyer are staggering.
- Funny that Petr Sykora wasn’t good enough to play for the Minnesota Wild but is pumping in goals for the Devils.
- What health percentage is Ilya Kovalchuk playing at? 60-percent? 70-percent?
- It might be time to officially worry about Ilya Bryzgalov. Two soft goals including the one that sent it to overtime.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)