Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM EST
It was familiar territory for the New Jersey Devils going to overtime for the third straight game, but this time it wouldn’t turn out well as Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game to give the Flyers a 4-3 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Devils won the final two games of their first round series against Florida in overtime but couldn’t hold back the Flyers this time around. Brodeur made 32 saves in the loss while Ilya Bryzgalov made 23 saves while playing uninspiring in goal to get the win.
Some thoughts to take with you into the chat:
- Danny Briere stays red hot when it comes to the playoffs. His point totals as a Flyer are staggering.
- Funny that Petr Sykora wasn’t good enough to play for the Minnesota Wild but is pumping in goals for the Devils.
- What health percentage is Ilya Kovalchuk playing at? 60-percent? 70-percent?
- It might be time to officially worry about Ilya Bryzgalov. Two soft goals including the one that sent it to overtime.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 0
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 4
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)