Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM EST
It was familiar territory for the New Jersey Devils going to overtime for the third straight game, but this time it wouldn’t turn out well as Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game to give the Flyers a 4-3 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Devils won the final two games of their first round series against Florida in overtime but couldn’t hold back the Flyers this time around. Brodeur made 32 saves in the loss while Ilya Bryzgalov made 23 saves while playing uninspiring in goal to get the win.
Some thoughts to take with you into the chat:
- Danny Briere stays red hot when it comes to the playoffs. His point totals as a Flyer are staggering.
- Funny that Petr Sykora wasn’t good enough to play for the Minnesota Wild but is pumping in goals for the Devils.
- What health percentage is Ilya Kovalchuk playing at? 60-percent? 70-percent?
- It might be time to officially worry about Ilya Bryzgalov. Two soft goals including the one that sent it to overtime.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)