Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
It was familiar territory for the New Jersey Devils going to overtime for the third straight game, but this time it wouldn’t turn out well as Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game to give the Flyers a 4-3 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Devils won the final two games of their first round series against Florida in overtime but couldn’t hold back the Flyers this time around. Brodeur made 32 saves in the loss while Ilya Bryzgalov made 23 saves while playing uninspiring in goal to get the win.
Some thoughts to take with you into the chat:
- Danny Briere stays red hot when it comes to the playoffs. His point totals as a Flyer are staggering.
- Funny that Petr Sykora wasn’t good enough to play for the Minnesota Wild but is pumping in goals for the Devils.
- What health percentage is Ilya Kovalchuk playing at? 60-percent? 70-percent?
- It might be time to officially worry about Ilya Bryzgalov. Two soft goals including the one that sent it to overtime.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)