Apr 29, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
It was familiar territory for the New Jersey Devils going to overtime for the third straight game, but this time it wouldn’t turn out well as Danny Briere scored his second goal of the game to give the Flyers a 4-3 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The Devils won the final two games of their first round series against Florida in overtime but couldn’t hold back the Flyers this time around. Brodeur made 32 saves in the loss while Ilya Bryzgalov made 23 saves while playing uninspiring in goal to get the win.
Some thoughts to take with you into the chat:
- Danny Briere stays red hot when it comes to the playoffs. His point totals as a Flyer are staggering.
- Funny that Petr Sykora wasn’t good enough to play for the Minnesota Wild but is pumping in goals for the Devils.
- What health percentage is Ilya Kovalchuk playing at? 60-percent? 70-percent?
- It might be time to officially worry about Ilya Bryzgalov. Two soft goals including the one that sent it to overtime.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)