Apr 29, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Raise your hand if you thought the Phoenix Coyotes and Nashville Predators would score 15 goals between them. Keep that hand up if you thought that would happen within the first two games of the series.
The opening pairing of contests has been a surprise track meet and the Coyotes are leaving the Predators in the dust. After scratching and clawing to win Game 1, Phoenix absolutely dominated Nashville 5-3 in Game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get chatting.
- It’s one thing for Mike Smith to outshine Corey Crawford, but what about Pekka Rinne? It’s not fair to single Rinne out totally when his defense cratered in front of him, yet it’s still shocking. Can Rinne get it back together?
- Is Barry Trotz getting out-foxed by Dave Tippett? Should Trotz consider going with talented but rarely used backup Anders Lindback in Game 3?
- What, exactly, happened to the Predators defense?
- Subjective city: is Phoenix better than we thought or is Nashville weaker than expected?
- The one plus is that the series shifts back to Nashville. Can they get it back together considering the fact that the Coyotes have their first 2-0 series lead since they were the Winnipeg Jets in 1987?
- Alex Radulov, David Legwand and Kevin Klein rank as some of the most-blamed players in Game 2. What must be done to turn their games around? Should any of them watch Game 3 from the press box?
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (57)