Apr 29, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Raise your hand if you thought the Phoenix Coyotes and Nashville Predators would score 15 goals between them. Keep that hand up if you thought that would happen within the first two games of the series.
The opening pairing of contests has been a surprise track meet and the Coyotes are leaving the Predators in the dust. After scratching and clawing to win Game 1, Phoenix absolutely dominated Nashville 5-3 in Game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get chatting.
- It’s one thing for Mike Smith to outshine Corey Crawford, but what about Pekka Rinne? It’s not fair to single Rinne out totally when his defense cratered in front of him, yet it’s still shocking. Can Rinne get it back together?
- Is Barry Trotz getting out-foxed by Dave Tippett? Should Trotz consider going with talented but rarely used backup Anders Lindback in Game 3?
- What, exactly, happened to the Predators defense?
- Subjective city: is Phoenix better than we thought or is Nashville weaker than expected?
- The one plus is that the series shifts back to Nashville. Can they get it back together considering the fact that the Coyotes have their first 2-0 series lead since they were the Winnipeg Jets in 1987?
- Alex Radulov, David Legwand and Kevin Klein rank as some of the most-blamed players in Game 2. What must be done to turn their games around? Should any of them watch Game 3 from the press box?
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32