Apr 29, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
Raise your hand if you thought the Phoenix Coyotes and Nashville Predators would score 15 goals between them. Keep that hand up if you thought that would happen within the first two games of the series.
The opening pairing of contests has been a surprise track meet and the Coyotes are leaving the Predators in the dust. After scratching and clawing to win Game 1, Phoenix absolutely dominated Nashville 5-3 in Game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead.
Let’s get chatting.
- It’s one thing for Mike Smith to outshine Corey Crawford, but what about Pekka Rinne? It’s not fair to single Rinne out totally when his defense cratered in front of him, yet it’s still shocking. Can Rinne get it back together?
- Is Barry Trotz getting out-foxed by Dave Tippett? Should Trotz consider going with talented but rarely used backup Anders Lindback in Game 3?
- What, exactly, happened to the Predators defense?
- Subjective city: is Phoenix better than we thought or is Nashville weaker than expected?
- The one plus is that the series shifts back to Nashville. Can they get it back together considering the fact that the Coyotes have their first 2-0 series lead since they were the Winnipeg Jets in 1987?
- Alex Radulov, David Legwand and Kevin Klein rank as some of the most-blamed players in Game 2. What must be done to turn their games around? Should any of them watch Game 3 from the press box?
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)