Apr 29, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Brooks Laich is a popular guy in Washington for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest things that makes him a virtual folk hero is how he leads by example for the Capitals.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley finds out from Laich the Capitals’ effort in Game 1 just didn’t cut it and he’s not about to stand idly by and allow it to stay like that.
“It’s an intense time of year and we’re here to win,” Laich said. “It takes so much to win and every little thing matters. If there are things I think we can be doing better I’m going to find a way to get the most out of our guys. It’s something we’ll address in the room and I don’t really care to share much more than that.”
If you’re looking for perhaps one example of a guy not being intense enough, perhaps Alexander Semin is it. Semin was demoted to the fourth line during today’s practice and should he stay there for Game 2, that’s sending a harsh message at a time of the year when everyone has to be locked in. Semin and others who struggled might want to avoid making eye contact with Laich until tomorrow.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)