Apr 29, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Brooks Laich is a popular guy in Washington for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest things that makes him a virtual folk hero is how he leads by example for the Capitals.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley finds out from Laich the Capitals’ effort in Game 1 just didn’t cut it and he’s not about to stand idly by and allow it to stay like that.
“It’s an intense time of year and we’re here to win,” Laich said. “It takes so much to win and every little thing matters. If there are things I think we can be doing better I’m going to find a way to get the most out of our guys. It’s something we’ll address in the room and I don’t really care to share much more than that.”
If you’re looking for perhaps one example of a guy not being intense enough, perhaps Alexander Semin is it. Semin was demoted to the fourth line during today’s practice and should he stay there for Game 2, that’s sending a harsh message at a time of the year when everyone has to be locked in. Semin and others who struggled might want to avoid making eye contact with Laich until tomorrow.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 2
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 7
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 33
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)