Apr 29, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Brooks Laich is a popular guy in Washington for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest things that makes him a virtual folk hero is how he leads by example for the Capitals.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley finds out from Laich the Capitals’ effort in Game 1 just didn’t cut it and he’s not about to stand idly by and allow it to stay like that.
“It’s an intense time of year and we’re here to win,” Laich said. “It takes so much to win and every little thing matters. If there are things I think we can be doing better I’m going to find a way to get the most out of our guys. It’s something we’ll address in the room and I don’t really care to share much more than that.”
If you’re looking for perhaps one example of a guy not being intense enough, perhaps Alexander Semin is it. Semin was demoted to the fourth line during today’s practice and should he stay there for Game 2, that’s sending a harsh message at a time of the year when everyone has to be locked in. Semin and others who struggled might want to avoid making eye contact with Laich until tomorrow.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)