Apr 29, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Dan Gelston of the Associated Press reports Brodeur believes he was interfered with on Briere’s shot by James van Riemsdyk. Brodeur says van Riemsdyk pushed his stick out of the way allowing Briere’s shot to find its way into the back of the net and giving the Flyers a 1-0 series lead.
Briere’s game-winner came just moments after having a goal disallowed for kicking it past Brodeur. Don’t think Brodeur didn’t have that in mind while sounding off as Jesse Spector of The Sporting News gets the real dirt from Brodeur.
“Especially after disallowing a kick-in goal, they wouldn’t do it twice in Philly, that’s for sure.”
Brodeur wasn’t the only one to feel that way as CBSSports’ Brian Stubits reports coach Peter DeBoer said it looked like van Riemsdyk got in Brodeur’s way.
Sour grapes, a legitimate gripe, or just politicking for a call in a future game? Check out the game-winning goal and see for yourself.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)