Apr 29, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Gelston of the Associated Press reports Brodeur believes he was interfered with on Briere’s shot by James van Riemsdyk. Brodeur says van Riemsdyk pushed his stick out of the way allowing Briere’s shot to find its way into the back of the net and giving the Flyers a 1-0 series lead.
Briere’s game-winner came just moments after having a goal disallowed for kicking it past Brodeur. Don’t think Brodeur didn’t have that in mind while sounding off as Jesse Spector of The Sporting News gets the real dirt from Brodeur.
“Especially after disallowing a kick-in goal, they wouldn’t do it twice in Philly, that’s for sure.”
Brodeur wasn’t the only one to feel that way as CBSSports’ Brian Stubits reports coach Peter DeBoer said it looked like van Riemsdyk got in Brodeur’s way.
Sour grapes, a legitimate gripe, or just politicking for a call in a future game? Check out the game-winning goal and see for yourself.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)