Apr 29, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Dan Gelston of the Associated Press reports Brodeur believes he was interfered with on Briere’s shot by James van Riemsdyk. Brodeur says van Riemsdyk pushed his stick out of the way allowing Briere’s shot to find its way into the back of the net and giving the Flyers a 1-0 series lead.
Briere’s game-winner came just moments after having a goal disallowed for kicking it past Brodeur. Don’t think Brodeur didn’t have that in mind while sounding off as Jesse Spector of The Sporting News gets the real dirt from Brodeur.
“Especially after disallowing a kick-in goal, they wouldn’t do it twice in Philly, that’s for sure.”
Brodeur wasn’t the only one to feel that way as CBSSports’ Brian Stubits reports coach Peter DeBoer said it looked like van Riemsdyk got in Brodeur’s way.
Sour grapes, a legitimate gripe, or just politicking for a call in a future game? Check out the game-winning goal and see for yourself.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)