Apr 29, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Gelston of the Associated Press reports Brodeur believes he was interfered with on Briere’s shot by James van Riemsdyk. Brodeur says van Riemsdyk pushed his stick out of the way allowing Briere’s shot to find its way into the back of the net and giving the Flyers a 1-0 series lead.
Briere’s game-winner came just moments after having a goal disallowed for kicking it past Brodeur. Don’t think Brodeur didn’t have that in mind while sounding off as Jesse Spector of The Sporting News gets the real dirt from Brodeur.
“Especially after disallowing a kick-in goal, they wouldn’t do it twice in Philly, that’s for sure.”
Brodeur wasn’t the only one to feel that way as CBSSports’ Brian Stubits reports coach Peter DeBoer said it looked like van Riemsdyk got in Brodeur’s way.
Sour grapes, a legitimate gripe, or just politicking for a call in a future game? Check out the game-winning goal and see for yourself.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 6
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 17
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)