Apr 29, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
If you’re wondering about why Ilya Bryzgalov has been so quiet lately, that’s for a good reason. Ever since talking about his fear of bears and then being nearly eaten alive early in the first round by the Penguins, Bryzgalov has gone about his business very quietly and that’s by design.
As Randy Miller of the Courier Post Online notes, getting to talk to Bryzgalov is impossible now but his teammates have complete faith that he’ll get the job done against New Jersey in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
“We have a lot of confidence in Bryz,” Flyers center Claude Giroux said. “He’s a veteran and knows what he has to do out there. Defensively, we have to do a better job in front of him, and I think we will.”
Danny Briere also feels strong that Bryzgalov will do well with the Devils and that’s much in part to his stellar numbers against them this season. Bryzgalov is 3-0-0 with a 0.29 goals-against average and a .987 save percentage with two shutouts. With those kinds of numbers, it’s easy to feel confident. If he can continue that sort of play in the postseason, Bryzgalov can go ahead and not talk to as many people as he wants to.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)