Apr 28, 2012, 10:36 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues not only failed to score on their three power-play opportunities, they allowed the game-winning goal while the Los Angeles Kings were shorthanded.
You can check out Matt Greene‘s shorthanded goal below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It’s worth noting that St. Louis’ power play wasn’t an issue in the first round against the San Jose Sharks and that was the first shorthanded goal that they’ve allowed in the playoffs.
On the flip side, Los Angeles has now scored three shorthanded goals in six playoff games. The Kings are not a team you want to take lightly, even when they’re down a man.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 6
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63