Apr 28, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell is a man of mystery.
All right so maybe he’s not exactly that, but he has been studying the Flyers’ next opponent, the New Jersey Devils, and he says he’s learned a few things about them. Hartnell tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, however, that he’s not about to share what he’s found out. Sort of.
“I can’t reveal that information … the secrets that I learned [Thursday] night,” Hartnell smiled. “We know that they have a lot of skill. Their top line can score, their power play is dangerous … like every other team that made it to this point.
“They also have one of the best goalies who’s ever played the game. We’re going to have our hands full and it’s going to be exciting.”
OK so Hartnell is good at tossing a joke around or two. The laughs all come to an end tomorrow afternoon, however, when their second round series with New Jersey kicks off. From Ilya Kovalchuk to Zach Parise to Martin Brodeur, the Flyers will have a lot to worry about star-wise.
If Ilya Bryzgalov can bounce back and play the way he did against New Jersey this season (3-0-0, 0.29, .987), the Flyers might not have much the Devils doing all the fretting.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7