Apr 28, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell is a man of mystery.
All right so maybe he’s not exactly that, but he has been studying the Flyers’ next opponent, the New Jersey Devils, and he says he’s learned a few things about them. Hartnell tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, however, that he’s not about to share what he’s found out. Sort of.
“I can’t reveal that information … the secrets that I learned [Thursday] night,” Hartnell smiled. “We know that they have a lot of skill. Their top line can score, their power play is dangerous … like every other team that made it to this point.
“They also have one of the best goalies who’s ever played the game. We’re going to have our hands full and it’s going to be exciting.”
OK so Hartnell is good at tossing a joke around or two. The laughs all come to an end tomorrow afternoon, however, when their second round series with New Jersey kicks off. From Ilya Kovalchuk to Zach Parise to Martin Brodeur, the Flyers will have a lot to worry about star-wise.
If Ilya Bryzgalov can bounce back and play the way he did against New Jersey this season (3-0-0, 0.29, .987), the Flyers might not have much the Devils doing all the fretting.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)