Apr 28, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
Brad Richards‘ third period goal helped seal the deal for the Rangers in their Game 1 win over the Capitals. What you may not have noticed is after scoring his goal he was cross checked from behind by a frustrated Brooks Laich. Have a look at the video of the goal again in case you missed it.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
After the game, Katie Strange of ESPN-New York asked Richards if he was upset about getting hit from behind after putting the Rangers ahead for good at 3-1. His answer was interesting if you think about it a certain way.
“Not after a goal. That’s great. They can do whatever they want.”
Whatever they want, eh Brad? Pierre Turgeon would kindly ask you to choose your words more carefully when Dale Hunter is in the house. Richards isn’t talking about anything of that sort happening to him and he’s just happy to help the team… Right? Hmm…
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6