Apr 28, 2012, 6:47 PM EST
Brad Richards‘ third period goal helped seal the deal for the Rangers in their Game 1 win over the Capitals. What you may not have noticed is after scoring his goal he was cross checked from behind by a frustrated Brooks Laich. Have a look at the video of the goal again in case you missed it.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
After the game, Katie Strange of ESPN-New York asked Richards if he was upset about getting hit from behind after putting the Rangers ahead for good at 3-1. His answer was interesting if you think about it a certain way.
“Not after a goal. That’s great. They can do whatever they want.”
Whatever they want, eh Brad? Pierre Turgeon would kindly ask you to choose your words more carefully when Dale Hunter is in the house. Richards isn’t talking about anything of that sort happening to him and he’s just happy to help the team… Right? Hmm…
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2