Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 PM EST
As bad as losing Game 1 of the second round is, losing Alex Pietrangelo would be much worse. That’s the scenario the Blues might be facing after Pietrangelo was the victim of a questionable hit on Saturday.
Dwight King pushed Pietrangelo into the boards on a hit that the Blues took exception to. However, King only got a two minute boarding penalty as punishment. You can view the hit as well as the game’s highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It might not surprise you to learn that the Kings saw things differently.
“I thought it was a two-minute penalty,” Darryl Sutter said.
To make matters worse for St. Louis, Los Angeles scored a shorthanded goal on the King penalty and went onto win 3-1.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)