Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
As bad as losing Game 1 of the second round is, losing Alex Pietrangelo would be much worse. That’s the scenario the Blues might be facing after Pietrangelo was the victim of a questionable hit on Saturday.
Dwight King pushed Pietrangelo into the boards on a hit that the Blues took exception to. However, King only got a two minute boarding penalty as punishment. You can view the hit as well as the game’s highlights below:
It might not surprise you to learn that the Kings saw things differently.
“I thought it was a two-minute penalty,” Darryl Sutter said.
To make matters worse for St. Louis, Los Angeles scored a shorthanded goal on the King penalty and went onto win 3-1.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL