Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
As bad as losing Game 1 of the second round is, losing Alex Pietrangelo would be much worse. That’s the scenario the Blues might be facing after Pietrangelo was the victim of a questionable hit on Saturday.
Dwight King pushed Pietrangelo into the boards on a hit that the Blues took exception to. However, King only got a two minute boarding penalty as punishment. You can view the hit as well as the game’s highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It might not surprise you to learn that the Kings saw things differently.
“I thought it was a two-minute penalty,” Darryl Sutter said.
To make matters worse for St. Louis, Los Angeles scored a shorthanded goal on the King penalty and went onto win 3-1.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)