Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 PM EST
As bad as losing Game 1 of the second round is, losing Alex Pietrangelo would be much worse. That’s the scenario the Blues might be facing after Pietrangelo was the victim of a questionable hit on Saturday.
Dwight King pushed Pietrangelo into the boards on a hit that the Blues took exception to. However, King only got a two minute boarding penalty as punishment. You can view the hit as well as the game’s highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It might not surprise you to learn that the Kings saw things differently.
“I thought it was a two-minute penalty,” Darryl Sutter said.
To make matters worse for St. Louis, Los Angeles scored a shorthanded goal on the King penalty and went onto win 3-1.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)