Apr 28, 2012, 11:04 PM EDT
As bad as losing Game 1 of the second round is, losing Alex Pietrangelo would be much worse. That’s the scenario the Blues might be facing after Pietrangelo was the victim of a questionable hit on Saturday.
Dwight King pushed Pietrangelo into the boards on a hit that the Blues took exception to. However, King only got a two minute boarding penalty as punishment. You can view the hit as well as the game’s highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It might not surprise you to learn that the Kings saw things differently.
“I thought it was a two-minute penalty,” Darryl Sutter said.
To make matters worse for St. Louis, Los Angeles scored a shorthanded goal on the King penalty and went onto win 3-1.
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 15
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 43
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 20
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)