Apr 28, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
You can’t say John Tortorella doesn’t have being a minimalist down to a science.
During today’s pregame press conference, Tortorella was asked three different ways to provide status updates on Brian Boyle and Brandon Dubinsky. Tortorella replied to each query with his usual bright and cheery demeanor saying, “No updates” each time, as the Daily News’ Pat Leonard reports.
If Torts keeps this up, he’ll put the Cliffs Notes people out of business with his succinct updates.
Boyle practiced with the Rangers yesterday, the first time for him since suffering a concussion against Ottawa in Game 5 thanks to a hit from Sens tough guy Chris Neil. Dubinsky played through Game 7 for New York but came out of it with a leg injury.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)