Apr 28, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk returned from a foot injury for Game 5 of Philadelphia’s first-round series against Pittsburgh, but he didn’t get much playing time. He logged just 7:31 minutes in his series debut and 6:46 minutes in Game 6 on April 22.
Philadelphia didn’t require a Game 7 and they’ve had plenty of time to rest and prepare for the second round. For van Riemsdyk, that’s meant another week to heal and practice ahead of Sunday’s contest against the New Jersey Devils.
Nothing has been confirmed, but it looks like the extra time has paid off and van Riemsdyk will play a bigger role in the second round. He skated alongside Danny Briere and Jakub Voracek on Saturday, although practice lines should be taken with a grain of salt.
“No comments on lines,” Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said, “if you want to run with that [theory on change] you are more than welcome to; just leave me out of it.”
Ultimately, we’ll have to wait until Sunday to know for sure, but it wouldn’t be surprising if we see more of van Riemsdyk going forward.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)