Apr 28, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
The Flyers could always stand to get some defensive help in the playoffs and it appears they’ll get just that ahead of tomorrow’s Game 1 against New Jersey.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports Nicklas Grossmann (concussion) could be ready to go for the Flyers on Sunday afternoon and Grossmann says he’s feeling better since missing Games 5 and 6 against Pittsburgh.
“I don’t know at this point, we’ll see,” he said. “It feels good to be on the ice. I haven’t talked to the doctors yet. I don’t want to make any conclusions yet. I feel better every day and try to take it a day at a time.”
Grossmann was teamed up with Braydon Coburn during Flyers practice this afternoon, providing a good sign that he could be ready to go against the Devils. Fellow injured defenseman Andrej Meszaros practiced on a pairing with Pavel Kubina meaning Meszaros is getting better but not ready to return.
The Flyers could use Grossmann to help defend against Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrik Elias, and Adam Henrique who have been providing the offensive punch for the Devils all season and into the playoffs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5