Apr 28, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
The Flyers could always stand to get some defensive help in the playoffs and it appears they’ll get just that ahead of tomorrow’s Game 1 against New Jersey.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports Nicklas Grossmann (concussion) could be ready to go for the Flyers on Sunday afternoon and Grossmann says he’s feeling better since missing Games 5 and 6 against Pittsburgh.
“I don’t know at this point, we’ll see,” he said. “It feels good to be on the ice. I haven’t talked to the doctors yet. I don’t want to make any conclusions yet. I feel better every day and try to take it a day at a time.”
Grossmann was teamed up with Braydon Coburn during Flyers practice this afternoon, providing a good sign that he could be ready to go against the Devils. Fellow injured defenseman Andrej Meszaros practiced on a pairing with Pavel Kubina meaning Meszaros is getting better but not ready to return.
The Flyers could use Grossmann to help defend against Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrik Elias, and Adam Henrique who have been providing the offensive punch for the Devils all season and into the playoffs.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)