Apr 28, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
The Flyers could always stand to get some defensive help in the playoffs and it appears they’ll get just that ahead of tomorrow’s Game 1 against New Jersey.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports Nicklas Grossmann (concussion) could be ready to go for the Flyers on Sunday afternoon and Grossmann says he’s feeling better since missing Games 5 and 6 against Pittsburgh.
“I don’t know at this point, we’ll see,” he said. “It feels good to be on the ice. I haven’t talked to the doctors yet. I don’t want to make any conclusions yet. I feel better every day and try to take it a day at a time.”
Grossmann was teamed up with Braydon Coburn during Flyers practice this afternoon, providing a good sign that he could be ready to go against the Devils. Fellow injured defenseman Andrej Meszaros practiced on a pairing with Pavel Kubina meaning Meszaros is getting better but not ready to return.
The Flyers could use Grossmann to help defend against Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrik Elias, and Adam Henrique who have been providing the offensive punch for the Devils all season and into the playoffs.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13