Apr 28, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock suggested that this series might not be as much of a low-scoring affair as people are predicting. Perhaps not, but Game 1 at least was the goaltending duel that almost everyone anticipated it would be.
Here’s a few post-game notes:
- The Blues spent eight of the final 20 minutes of the game killing off penalties. St. Louis didn’t allow a power-play goal, but it’s still very hard to stage a comeback under those circumstances.
- The squads’ combined shots total for the first period was 24, but they only managed 33 shots on goal for the remainder of the game.
- Blues’ defenseman Alex Pietrangelo was boarded by Dwight King in the second period and left the game.
- Slava Voynov and Matt Greene each netted their first goal of the playoffs for Los Angeles. This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)