Apr 28, 2012, 10:15 PM EST
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock suggested that this series might not be as much of a low-scoring affair as people are predicting. Perhaps not, but Game 1 at least was the goaltending duel that almost everyone anticipated it would be.
Here’s a few post-game notes:
- The Blues spent eight of the final 20 minutes of the game killing off penalties. St. Louis didn’t allow a power-play goal, but it’s still very hard to stage a comeback under those circumstances.
- The squads’ combined shots total for the first period was 24, but they only managed 33 shots on goal for the remainder of the game.
- Blues’ defenseman Alex Pietrangelo was boarded by Dwight King in the second period and left the game.
- Slava Voynov and Matt Greene each netted their first goal of the playoffs for Los Angeles. This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)