Apr 28, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock suggested that this series might not be as much of a low-scoring affair as people are predicting. Perhaps not, but Game 1 at least was the goaltending duel that almost everyone anticipated it would be.
Here’s a few post-game notes:
- The Blues spent eight of the final 20 minutes of the game killing off penalties. St. Louis didn’t allow a power-play goal, but it’s still very hard to stage a comeback under those circumstances.
- The squads’ combined shots total for the first period was 24, but they only managed 33 shots on goal for the remainder of the game.
- Blues’ defenseman Alex Pietrangelo was boarded by Dwight King in the second period and left the game.
- Slava Voynov and Matt Greene each netted their first goal of the playoffs for Los Angeles. This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 30
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 18
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)