Apr 28, 2012, 12:27 AM EST
Phoenix had a 3-2 lead through 40 minutes, but they were absolutely overwhelmed in the third period. The Predators managed to tie the game with just 4:42 minutes to spare. Still, as they were able to do several times against Chicago in the first round, the Coyotes came through in overtime to earn a 4-3 victory and take a 1-0 series lead.
Here’s a few interesting points:
- After going scoreless in the opening round, Phoenix’s Radim Vrbata and Nashville’s Brandon Yip each found the back of the net in the first period.
- Phoenix had a league-leading 94.7 penalty killing percentage in the first round and Nashville had a poor 9.1% power-play success rate. Despite that, the Predators got a critical late goal with the man advantage.
- Six of the Coyotes’ seven playoff games have gone to overtime.
- Nashville out shot Phoenix 16-1 in the third period and 42-24 overall.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 2
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)