Apr 28, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
If the Capitals are going to find a way to get past the New York Rangers, they’ll need to be just as defensively sound as they were against the Bruins. One guy who you might believe needs to be better for Washington is Dennis Wideman, just don’t go telling him that.
Wideman tells Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times that he felt great about how he played in the first round and that he’s busy not reading what others think of how he’s doing.
“You’re on the ice, you’re on the ice. I thought I had a pretty good series defensively. I didn’t lose my guy a whole lot and didn’t have any real bad breakdowns where I got beat. I was on the ice for some goals,” Wideman said Friday. “I thought I played well. I was happy with my series.”
Wideman was on the ice for more goals allowed against the Caps than not and he didn’t have a great series. That said, to be able to shut out all the negativity and focus on your game takes a special kind of hardheadedness and Wideman seems to have it. The Caps just hope Wideman can eliminate the boneheaded mistakes on the ice from here on out.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)