Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker has just 27 goals in 208 career NHL games, but the 2008 first round pick has truly shined in the postseason. He’s getting significantly more ice time in the playoffs after averaging just 13:38 minutes per contest in the regular season.
He’s rewarded them with three goals and five points in seven playoff games. You can check out his key goal in Friday’s 4-3 overtime victory over Nashville below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The fact that he’s stepped up in the postseason is one of the reasons the Coyotes were able to get past Chicago. Based on his performance in Game 1 of the second round, he might be in for another strong series.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)