Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker has just 27 goals in 208 career NHL games, but the 2008 first round pick has truly shined in the postseason. He’s getting significantly more ice time in the playoffs after averaging just 13:38 minutes per contest in the regular season.
He’s rewarded them with three goals and five points in seven playoff games. You can check out his key goal in Friday’s 4-3 overtime victory over Nashville below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The fact that he’s stepped up in the postseason is one of the reasons the Coyotes were able to get past Chicago. Based on his performance in Game 1 of the second round, he might be in for another strong series.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)