Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker has just 27 goals in 208 career NHL games, but the 2008 first round pick has truly shined in the postseason. He’s getting significantly more ice time in the playoffs after averaging just 13:38 minutes per contest in the regular season.
He’s rewarded them with three goals and five points in seven playoff games. You can check out his key goal in Friday’s 4-3 overtime victory over Nashville below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The fact that he’s stepped up in the postseason is one of the reasons the Coyotes were able to get past Chicago. Based on his performance in Game 1 of the second round, he might be in for another strong series.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 13
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5