Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker has just 27 goals in 208 career NHL games, but the 2008 first round pick has truly shined in the postseason. He’s getting significantly more ice time in the playoffs after averaging just 13:38 minutes per contest in the regular season.
He’s rewarded them with three goals and five points in seven playoff games. You can check out his key goal in Friday’s 4-3 overtime victory over Nashville below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The fact that he’s stepped up in the postseason is one of the reasons the Coyotes were able to get past Chicago. Based on his performance in Game 1 of the second round, he might be in for another strong series.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38