Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker has just 27 goals in 208 career NHL games, but the 2008 first round pick has truly shined in the postseason. He’s getting significantly more ice time in the playoffs after averaging just 13:38 minutes per contest in the regular season.
He’s rewarded them with three goals and five points in seven playoff games. You can check out his key goal in Friday’s 4-3 overtime victory over Nashville below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The fact that he’s stepped up in the postseason is one of the reasons the Coyotes were able to get past Chicago. Based on his performance in Game 1 of the second round, he might be in for another strong series.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 2
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 15
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 124
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (124)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)