Apr 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hal Gill is ready to go, and he’s got the Mohawk to prove it.
Nashville’s big shutdown defenseman will make his 2012 playoff debut tonight in Phoenix after missing the entire Detroit series with a lower-body injury.
“I’m recharged and I’m feeling better and I think we’re ready to go,” Gill said, as per Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean.
As mentioned, Gill will be sporting a Mohawk at Jobing.com Arena, following the lead of Preds defenseman Kevin Klein.
“Kleiner’s got the best one. Of course I want to give him credit,” Gill said. “I don’t want to upset anyone.”
We’re not sure if the Nashville forwards plan to have a haircut theme, but if they do, we wouldn’t recommend the Andrei Kostitsyn:
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)