Apr 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hal Gill is ready to go, and he’s got the Mohawk to prove it.
Nashville’s big shutdown defenseman will make his 2012 playoff debut tonight in Phoenix after missing the entire Detroit series with a lower-body injury.
“I’m recharged and I’m feeling better and I think we’re ready to go,” Gill said, as per Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean.
As mentioned, Gill will be sporting a Mohawk at Jobing.com Arena, following the lead of Preds defenseman Kevin Klein.
“Kleiner’s got the best one. Of course I want to give him credit,” Gill said. “I don’t want to upset anyone.”
We’re not sure if the Nashville forwards plan to have a haircut theme, but if they do, we wouldn’t recommend the Andrei Kostitsyn:
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)