Apr 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hal Gill is ready to go, and he’s got the Mohawk to prove it.
Nashville’s big shutdown defenseman will make his 2012 playoff debut tonight in Phoenix after missing the entire Detroit series with a lower-body injury.
“I’m recharged and I’m feeling better and I think we’re ready to go,” Gill said, as per Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean.
As mentioned, Gill will be sporting a Mohawk at Jobing.com Arena, following the lead of Preds defenseman Kevin Klein.
“Kleiner’s got the best one. Of course I want to give him credit,” Gill said. “I don’t want to upset anyone.”
We’re not sure if the Nashville forwards plan to have a haircut theme, but if they do, we wouldn’t recommend the Andrei Kostitsyn:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 0
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 7
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 78
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)