Apr 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hal Gill is ready to go, and he’s got the Mohawk to prove it.
Nashville’s big shutdown defenseman will make his 2012 playoff debut tonight in Phoenix after missing the entire Detroit series with a lower-body injury.
“I’m recharged and I’m feeling better and I think we’re ready to go,” Gill said, as per Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean.
As mentioned, Gill will be sporting a Mohawk at Jobing.com Arena, following the lead of Preds defenseman Kevin Klein.
“Kleiner’s got the best one. Of course I want to give him credit,” Gill said. “I don’t want to upset anyone.”
We’re not sure if the Nashville forwards plan to have a haircut theme, but if they do, we wouldn’t recommend the Andrei Kostitsyn:
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)