Apr 27, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hal Gill is ready to go, and he’s got the Mohawk to prove it.
Nashville’s big shutdown defenseman will make his 2012 playoff debut tonight in Phoenix after missing the entire Detroit series with a lower-body injury.
“I’m recharged and I’m feeling better and I think we’re ready to go,” Gill said, as per Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean.
As mentioned, Gill will be sporting a Mohawk at Jobing.com Arena, following the lead of Preds defenseman Kevin Klein.
“Kleiner’s got the best one. Of course I want to give him credit,” Gill said. “I don’t want to upset anyone.”
We’re not sure if the Nashville forwards plan to have a haircut theme, but if they do, we wouldn’t recommend the Andrei Kostitsyn:
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)