Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Earlier today, the three 2012 Hart Trophy finalists were announced by the NHL.
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
—-Led the NHL with 109 points and stepped up while Sidney Crosby was recovering from a concussion.
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
—-Led the NHL with 60 goals, becoming the first player to reach the 60-goal mark since Alex Ovechkin in 2007-08.
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
—-Started 62 games, won 39 of them, tied with Mike Smith for top save percentage (.930) of goalies with 50-plus starts, and very handsome.
Now it’s your turn to play the role of Professional Hockey Writers’ Association (minus the mustard stain on your tie) and vote on the winner.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)