Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Earlier today, the three 2012 Hart Trophy finalists were announced by the NHL.
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
—-Led the NHL with 109 points and stepped up while Sidney Crosby was recovering from a concussion.
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
—-Led the NHL with 60 goals, becoming the first player to reach the 60-goal mark since Alex Ovechkin in 2007-08.
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
—-Started 62 games, won 39 of them, tied with Mike Smith for top save percentage (.930) of goalies with 50-plus starts, and very handsome.
Now it’s your turn to play the role of Professional Hockey Writers’ Association (minus the mustard stain on your tie) and vote on the winner.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)