Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Earlier today, the three 2012 Hart Trophy finalists were announced by the NHL.
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
—-Led the NHL with 109 points and stepped up while Sidney Crosby was recovering from a concussion.
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning
—-Led the NHL with 60 goals, becoming the first player to reach the 60-goal mark since Alex Ovechkin in 2007-08.
Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
—-Started 62 games, won 39 of them, tied with Mike Smith for top save percentage (.930) of goalies with 50-plus starts, and very handsome.
Now it’s your turn to play the role of Professional Hockey Writers’ Association (minus the mustard stain on your tie) and vote on the winner.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6