Apr 27, 2012, 12:20 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils came into their series with plenty of stars, but a newcomer really took over Game 7 against the Florida Panthers. Adam Henrique showed why he’s one of the three finalists for the Calder Trophy on Thursday night, scoring the first and last goals of a 3-2 double OT win to close out the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the discussion rolling.
- Can Martin Brodeur survive the impending barrage from the Philadelphia Flyers? He gave up two late goals against the Panthers to allow the game to go to OT, but he made plenty of other saves that kept the Devils in the game.
- Will Ilya Kovalchuk sleep well tonight after it became clear that he’ll never have to hear about failing to win a playoff series again?
- Should the Devils be concerned about all the blown leads from the series, even if they won?
- Was Jose Theodore the right choice in net for the Panthers or would a healthier Scott Clemmensen have been a better selection?
- Which of the three Game 7s was your favorite? Mark me down for this one ahead of Rangers-Senators by a hair.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau continues to “experiment” on defense.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“We are all thinking the same way and going the same direction.”
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Colgate standout inks deal, will report to team.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Well, that clears it up.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Was a Hobey Baker and Mike Richter Award finalist in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Click for the video explanation.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and until the continuing legal process is completed, we will have no further comment.”
Mar 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
He was the club’s third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
It’s been a while.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Triple Gold Club member won a World Championship and Olympic Gold in 2006, and a Stanley Cup in 2008.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The B’s are desperate for a win.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
“He was abusive to the staff at the casino, and when officers tried to take him into custody, he bit one of them on the finger.”
Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
He’ll report directly to the NHL club.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Shattenkirk was having a tremendous season before he got hurt.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
It got the ball rolling in Edmonton’s 4-3 win over Colorado.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 4
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 5
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)