Apr 27, 2012, 12:20 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils came into their series with plenty of stars, but a newcomer really took over Game 7 against the Florida Panthers. Adam Henrique showed why he’s one of the three finalists for the Calder Trophy on Thursday night, scoring the first and last goals of a 3-2 double OT win to close out the series 4-3.
Let’s get the discussion rolling.
- Can Martin Brodeur survive the impending barrage from the Philadelphia Flyers? He gave up two late goals against the Panthers to allow the game to go to OT, but he made plenty of other saves that kept the Devils in the game.
- Will Ilya Kovalchuk sleep well tonight after it became clear that he’ll never have to hear about failing to win a playoff series again?
- Should the Devils be concerned about all the blown leads from the series, even if they won?
- Was Jose Theodore the right choice in net for the Panthers or would a healthier Scott Clemmensen have been a better selection?
- Which of the three Game 7s was your favorite? Mark me down for this one ahead of Rangers-Senators by a hair.
May 24, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
“(He’s) a hell of a hockey player.”
May 24, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
He’s excited about the Avalanche’s future, but he also has other considerations.
May 24, 2013, 8:06 AM EDT
The match will start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 24, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
May 24, 2013, 3:04 AM EDT
Typically, this is called.
May 24, 2013, 2:46 AM EDT
On the brink of elimination.
May 24, 2013, 2:28 AM EDT
Remember when he took the blame for first two losses against St. Louis?
May 24, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Second goal in 27 games.
May 24, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
Home team has won every game in this series.
May 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
“Something’s got to give,” Jonathan Toews said.
May 24, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
Officially sidelined since Feb. 14 due to what GM Mike Gillis cited as safety concerns.
May 23, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Something you don’t see every game.
May 23, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
‘We’ve had streaks before,” he said.
May 23, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Three straight penalties, still zero goals in the playoffs.
May 23, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Detroit wins again.
May 23, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ frustrations continue.
May 23, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
May 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
The Game 4 win clearly made him chipper.
May 23, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Chris Kreider with some more playoff magic.
May 23, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
Not Tuukka Rask’s best moments.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 5
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 5
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 45
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 78
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 47
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks