Apr 27, 2012, 12:20 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils came into their series with plenty of stars, but a newcomer really took over Game 7 against the Florida Panthers. Adam Henrique showed why he’s one of the three finalists for the Calder Trophy on Thursday night, scoring the first and last goals of a 3-2 double OT win to close out the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get the discussion rolling.
- Can Martin Brodeur survive the impending barrage from the Philadelphia Flyers? He gave up two late goals against the Panthers to allow the game to go to OT, but he made plenty of other saves that kept the Devils in the game.
- Will Ilya Kovalchuk sleep well tonight after it became clear that he’ll never have to hear about failing to win a playoff series again?
- Should the Devils be concerned about all the blown leads from the series, even if they won?
- Was Jose Theodore the right choice in net for the Panthers or would a healthier Scott Clemmensen have been a better selection?
- Which of the three Game 7s was your favorite? Mark me down for this one ahead of Rangers-Senators by a hair.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
Calgary hosts Phoenix at the Saddledome.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Pirri’s slumped lately after a hot start to the year.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
We came up with three big ones.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
“We felt we have players ahead of him, simple as that,” said head coach Randy Carlyle.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
List also includes a number of first-round draft picks.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
Injuries to Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk opened the door.
Dec 4, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
Mike Babcock says pushing back the deadline is “really beneficial for us.”
Dec 4, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
No Zetterberg or Datsyuk for the Wings equals an opportunity for the Flyers.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 AM EST
He’ll back up Curtis McElhinney for the time being.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:13 AM EST
He’ll be 39-years-old when it expires.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
The actual number may have been even worse.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
These two teams met in the 1997 Stanley Cup Final.
Dec 4, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links ahead to start the day.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:02 AM EST
He’s ahead of schedule, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:46 AM EST
Phoenix embattled them 6-2 on Tuesday.
Dec 3, 2013, 11:49 PM EST
He believes his problems are concussion-related.
Dec 3, 2013, 11:33 PM EST
That happened during Vancouver’s 3-1 win against Nashville.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
Dallas is generating villains left and right.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
San Jose beat them 4-2 on Tuesday.
Dec 3, 2013, 10:07 PM EST
Two consecutive OT defeats for the Isles, too.
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 0
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 24
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 42
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (43)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)