Apr 27, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
It’s usually not a good idea for a person in a position of power to pick on someone via a public forum like Twitter, even if they didn’t start the fight. That’s the lesson that Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) learned recently after this Twitter exchange:
@LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers.No one cares what you think.
— Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) April 24, 2012
Well, apparently he was wrong because Lauren Ashley now has 4,542 Twitter followers to his 3,445.
Yormark might have meant for his comment to be playful and you might even argue that he had a right to fire back after her comment, but that’s not really the point. First off, it can be difficult to convey sarcasm or playfulness in a text statement consisting of 140 characters or less. Additionally, people don’t like to see the big guy attacking the little guy, as Yormark apparently learned the hard way.
So with damage control probably on his mind, Yormark invited Lauren Ashley to watch Game 7 of the Panthers’ first round series on Thursday. You can check out an interview of them below:
So there you have it, the controversy has come to it’s conclusion. As a final note, I’d like to reach out to my fellow men and urge them not to call things “Twittergate” because, well, there’s probably already been thousands of those.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)