Apr 27, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
It’s usually not a good idea for a person in a position of power to pick on someone via a public forum like Twitter, even if they didn’t start the fight. That’s the lesson that Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) learned recently after this Twitter exchange:
@LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers.No one cares what you think.
— Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) April 24, 2012
Well, apparently he was wrong because Lauren Ashley now has 4,542 Twitter followers to his 3,445.
Yormark might have meant for his comment to be playful and you might even argue that he had a right to fire back after her comment, but that’s not really the point. First off, it can be difficult to convey sarcasm or playfulness in a text statement consisting of 140 characters or less. Additionally, people don’t like to see the big guy attacking the little guy, as Yormark apparently learned the hard way.
So with damage control probably on his mind, Yormark invited Lauren Ashley to watch Game 7 of the Panthers’ first round series on Thursday. You can check out an interview of them below:
So there you have it, the controversy has come to it’s conclusion. As a final note, I’d like to reach out to my fellow men and urge them not to call things “Twittergate” because, well, there’s probably already been thousands of those.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)