Apr 27, 2012, 8:10 AM EST
It’s usually not a good idea for a person in a position of power to pick on someone via a public forum like Twitter, even if they didn’t start the fight. That’s the lesson that Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) learned recently after this Twitter exchange:
@LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers.No one cares what you think.
— Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) April 24, 2012
Well, apparently he was wrong because Lauren Ashley now has 4,542 Twitter followers to his 3,445.
Yormark might have meant for his comment to be playful and you might even argue that he had a right to fire back after her comment, but that’s not really the point. First off, it can be difficult to convey sarcasm or playfulness in a text statement consisting of 140 characters or less. Additionally, people don’t like to see the big guy attacking the little guy, as Yormark apparently learned the hard way.
So with damage control probably on his mind, Yormark invited Lauren Ashley to watch Game 7 of the Panthers’ first round series on Thursday. You can check out an interview of them below:
So there you have it, the controversy has come to it’s conclusion. As a final note, I’d like to reach out to my fellow men and urge them not to call things “Twittergate” because, well, there’s probably already been thousands of those.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)