Apr 27, 2012, 8:10 AM EST
It’s usually not a good idea for a person in a position of power to pick on someone via a public forum like Twitter, even if they didn’t start the fight. That’s the lesson that Florida Panthers CEO Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) learned recently after this Twitter exchange:
@LaurenAshley07 you have 70 followers.No one cares what you think.
— Michael Yormark (@PanthersYormark) April 24, 2012
Well, apparently he was wrong because Lauren Ashley now has 4,542 Twitter followers to his 3,445.
Yormark might have meant for his comment to be playful and you might even argue that he had a right to fire back after her comment, but that’s not really the point. First off, it can be difficult to convey sarcasm or playfulness in a text statement consisting of 140 characters or less. Additionally, people don’t like to see the big guy attacking the little guy, as Yormark apparently learned the hard way.
So with damage control probably on his mind, Yormark invited Lauren Ashley to watch Game 7 of the Panthers’ first round series on Thursday. You can check out an interview of them below:
So there you have it, the controversy has come to it’s conclusion. As a final note, I’d like to reach out to my fellow men and urge them not to call things “Twittergate” because, well, there’s probably already been thousands of those.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)