Apr 27, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are the new favorites to win the Stanley Cup, according to online bookmaker Bovada.
Here are the Cup odds for the eight remaining teams:
St. Louis Blues 15/4
New York Rangers 9/2
Philadelphia Flyers 9/2
Nashville Predators 5/1
Los Angeles Kings 13/2
New Jersey Devils 9/1
Washington Capitals 9/1
Phoenix Coyotes 11/1
Can’t say I see much value there. Actually, I don’t see any. Gun to head I’d take the Preds.
As for the Blues, this would have to be the first time they’ve been favorites in the elite eight. The year they won the Presidents’ Trophy (2000), they lost in the first round. Maybe 1991, when they lost to underdog Minnesota in the second round. But I still think the Bruins would’ve been considered the favorites at that point.
St. Louis has never won the Stanley Cup. The Blues went to the final three straight times from 1968 to 1970 and were swept in all three series. (When the league expanded in 1968, it put all the expansion teams in one division, so an expansion team was guaranteed to make the final.)
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12