Apr 27, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are the new favorites to win the Stanley Cup, according to online bookmaker Bovada.
Here are the Cup odds for the eight remaining teams:
St. Louis Blues 15/4
New York Rangers 9/2
Philadelphia Flyers 9/2
Nashville Predators 5/1
Los Angeles Kings 13/2
New Jersey Devils 9/1
Washington Capitals 9/1
Phoenix Coyotes 11/1
Can’t say I see much value there. Actually, I don’t see any. Gun to head I’d take the Preds.
As for the Blues, this would have to be the first time they’ve been favorites in the elite eight. The year they won the Presidents’ Trophy (2000), they lost in the first round. Maybe 1991, when they lost to underdog Minnesota in the second round. But I still think the Bruins would’ve been considered the favorites at that point.
St. Louis has never won the Stanley Cup. The Blues went to the final three straight times from 1968 to 1970 and were swept in all three series. (When the league expanded in 1968, it put all the expansion teams in one division, so an expansion team was guaranteed to make the final.)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40