Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference quarterfinal Game 7 between the Devils and Panthers are Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be Steve “Gangster of Love” Miller (#89) and Pierre “Red Light” Racicot (#65).
— Things to know about O’Rourke:
1) In February, he was embroiled in the “Erik Karlsson is a diver” incident.
2) He worked Game 1 of the Kings-Canucks series, which featured a questionable opening goal (Ryan Kesler jostled Jonathan Quick, Burrows scored), followed by Kesler getting a two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty for show-showering Quick. Of note, this game also featured Byron Bitz getting five and a game for boarding.
3) He worked Game 2 of the Phoenix-Chicago series, which saw a questionable goalie interference call on Jonathan Toews and a five-minute charging major/game misconduct to Andrew Shaw for running Mike Smith.
— Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
— There’s not much to say about Miller and/or Racicot.
Instead, let’s watch Chris Rooney go down in YouTube lore!
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32