Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference quarterfinal Game 7 between the Devils and Panthers are Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be Steve “Gangster of Love” Miller (#89) and Pierre “Red Light” Racicot (#65).
– Things to know about O’Rourke:
1) In February, he was embroiled in the “Erik Karlsson is a diver” incident.
2) He worked Game 1 of the Kings-Canucks series, which featured a questionable opening goal (Ryan Kesler jostled Jonathan Quick, Burrows scored), followed by Kesler getting a two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty for show-showering Quick. Of note, this game also featured Byron Bitz getting five and a game for boarding.
3) He worked Game 2 of the Phoenix-Chicago series, which saw a questionable goalie interference call on Jonathan Toews and a five-minute charging major/game misconduct to Andrew Shaw for running Mike Smith.
– Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
– There’s not much to say about Miller and/or Racicot.
Instead, let’s watch Chris Rooney go down in YouTube lore!
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)