Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference quarterfinal Game 7 between the Devils and Panthers are Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be Steve “Gangster of Love” Miller (#89) and Pierre “Red Light” Racicot (#65).
— Things to know about O’Rourke:
1) In February, he was embroiled in the “Erik Karlsson is a diver” incident.
2) He worked Game 1 of the Kings-Canucks series, which featured a questionable opening goal (Ryan Kesler jostled Jonathan Quick, Burrows scored), followed by Kesler getting a two-minute unsportsmanlike penalty for show-showering Quick. Of note, this game also featured Byron Bitz getting five and a game for boarding.
3) He worked Game 2 of the Phoenix-Chicago series, which saw a questionable goalie interference call on Jonathan Toews and a five-minute charging major/game misconduct to Andrew Shaw for running Mike Smith.
— Rooney’s claim to fame this postseason was working Game 1 of Detroit-Nashville, during which Wings head coach Mike Babcock said the following:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
— There’s not much to say about Miller and/or Racicot.
Instead, let’s watch Chris Rooney go down in YouTube lore!
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)