Apr 26, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
Even though we’re not in the building like PHT’s Joe Yerdon is, yet you can feel the over-the-top atmosphere even watching it on TV. Considering how inexperienced this Ottawa Senators team is, it certainly seems like playing a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden would be a huge advantage.
That might still be true, but NBC Sports Network’s Liam McHugh passes along a stat that should make the eighth seed feel a little better. Ottawa is 23-6-1 at Madison Square Garden since March 1998.
Add that to the undeniable (if perhaps coincidental) success of road teams in the 2012 playoffs and the Senators could be in good shape.
Then again, how often has history and logic factored into this year’s postseason anyway? Check out the nail-biter on NBC Sports Network right now.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35