Apr 26, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
Even though we’re not in the building like PHT’s Joe Yerdon is, yet you can feel the over-the-top atmosphere even watching it on TV. Considering how inexperienced this Ottawa Senators team is, it certainly seems like playing a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden would be a huge advantage.
That might still be true, but NBC Sports Network’s Liam McHugh passes along a stat that should make the eighth seed feel a little better. Ottawa is 23-6-1 at Madison Square Garden since March 1998.
Add that to the undeniable (if perhaps coincidental) success of road teams in the 2012 playoffs and the Senators could be in good shape.
Then again, how often has history and logic factored into this year’s postseason anyway? Check out the nail-biter on NBC Sports Network right now.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 18
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)