Apr 26, 2012, 7:24 PM EST
Even though we’re not in the building like PHT’s Joe Yerdon is, yet you can feel the over-the-top atmosphere even watching it on TV. Considering how inexperienced this Ottawa Senators team is, it certainly seems like playing a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden would be a huge advantage.
That might still be true, but NBC Sports Network’s Liam McHugh passes along a stat that should make the eighth seed feel a little better. Ottawa is 23-6-1 at Madison Square Garden since March 1998.
Add that to the undeniable (if perhaps coincidental) success of road teams in the 2012 playoffs and the Senators could be in good shape.
Then again, how often has history and logic factored into this year’s postseason anyway? Check out the nail-biter on NBC Sports Network right now.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)