Apr 26, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
Even though we’re not in the building like PHT’s Joe Yerdon is, yet you can feel the over-the-top atmosphere even watching it on TV. Considering how inexperienced this Ottawa Senators team is, it certainly seems like playing a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden would be a huge advantage.
That might still be true, but NBC Sports Network’s Liam McHugh passes along a stat that should make the eighth seed feel a little better. Ottawa is 23-6-1 at Madison Square Garden since March 1998.
Add that to the undeniable (if perhaps coincidental) success of road teams in the 2012 playoffs and the Senators could be in good shape.
Then again, how often has history and logic factored into this year’s postseason anyway? Check out the nail-biter on NBC Sports Network right now.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)