Apr 26, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
Even though we’re not in the building like PHT’s Joe Yerdon is, yet you can feel the over-the-top atmosphere even watching it on TV. Considering how inexperienced this Ottawa Senators team is, it certainly seems like playing a Game 7 at Madison Square Garden would be a huge advantage.
That might still be true, but NBC Sports Network’s Liam McHugh passes along a stat that should make the eighth seed feel a little better. Ottawa is 23-6-1 at Madison Square Garden since March 1998.
Add that to the undeniable (if perhaps coincidental) success of road teams in the 2012 playoffs and the Senators could be in good shape.
Then again, how often has history and logic factored into this year’s postseason anyway? Check out the nail-biter on NBC Sports Network right now.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 5
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 46
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)