Apr 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Winning a Stanley Cup as a rookie would be a dream come true for any aspiring NHL player, but eventually everyone in hockey finds out what it means to have your season cut short. Such was the case for Tyler Seguin, who lifted the Cup in his inaugural season, but was part of a Bruins team that was booted from the playoffs in the first round this year.
“With last year obviously winning it and all – you feel lucky and fortunate. But you don’t really grasp the whole worth of the Stanley Cup,” said Seguin. “I think more and more you get to learn and losing here, we definitely get a new feeling.”
Although he had a great sophomore campaign, Seguin didn’t register a point in the first five games of Boston’s first round series. It wasn’t until Game 6 that he finally became a factor offensively. However, Seguin should have a bigger impact in the postseason as he gets older.
“I think the more games you play in playoffs the more experience you’re going to gain, the more confidence and composure you’re going to have for the next time it happens,” said Seguin. “I look forward to next year.”
Given that the Bruins’ core should largely stay intact, Seguin might be part of another lengthy run in 2013.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 14
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 19
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (132)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)