Apr 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Winning a Stanley Cup as a rookie would be a dream come true for any aspiring NHL player, but eventually everyone in hockey finds out what it means to have your season cut short. Such was the case for Tyler Seguin, who lifted the Cup in his inaugural season, but was part of a Bruins team that was booted from the playoffs in the first round this year.
“With last year obviously winning it and all – you feel lucky and fortunate. But you don’t really grasp the whole worth of the Stanley Cup,” said Seguin. “I think more and more you get to learn and losing here, we definitely get a new feeling.”
Although he had a great sophomore campaign, Seguin didn’t register a point in the first five games of Boston’s first round series. It wasn’t until Game 6 that he finally became a factor offensively. However, Seguin should have a bigger impact in the postseason as he gets older.
“I think the more games you play in playoffs the more experience you’re going to gain, the more confidence and composure you’re going to have for the next time it happens,” said Seguin. “I look forward to next year.”
Given that the Bruins’ core should largely stay intact, Seguin might be part of another lengthy run in 2013.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)