Apr 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Winning a Stanley Cup as a rookie would be a dream come true for any aspiring NHL player, but eventually everyone in hockey finds out what it means to have your season cut short. Such was the case for Tyler Seguin, who lifted the Cup in his inaugural season, but was part of a Bruins team that was booted from the playoffs in the first round this year.
“With last year obviously winning it and all – you feel lucky and fortunate. But you don’t really grasp the whole worth of the Stanley Cup,” said Seguin. “I think more and more you get to learn and losing here, we definitely get a new feeling.”
Although he had a great sophomore campaign, Seguin didn’t register a point in the first five games of Boston’s first round series. It wasn’t until Game 6 that he finally became a factor offensively. However, Seguin should have a bigger impact in the postseason as he gets older.
“I think the more games you play in playoffs the more experience you’re going to gain, the more confidence and composure you’re going to have for the next time it happens,” said Seguin. “I look forward to next year.”
Given that the Bruins’ core should largely stay intact, Seguin might be part of another lengthy run in 2013.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 4
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 5
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 30
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 52
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 82
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut