Apr 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Winning a Stanley Cup as a rookie would be a dream come true for any aspiring NHL player, but eventually everyone in hockey finds out what it means to have your season cut short. Such was the case for Tyler Seguin, who lifted the Cup in his inaugural season, but was part of a Bruins team that was booted from the playoffs in the first round this year.
“With last year obviously winning it and all – you feel lucky and fortunate. But you don’t really grasp the whole worth of the Stanley Cup,” said Seguin. “I think more and more you get to learn and losing here, we definitely get a new feeling.”
Although he had a great sophomore campaign, Seguin didn’t register a point in the first five games of Boston’s first round series. It wasn’t until Game 6 that he finally became a factor offensively. However, Seguin should have a bigger impact in the postseason as he gets older.
“I think the more games you play in playoffs the more experience you’re going to gain, the more confidence and composure you’re going to have for the next time it happens,” said Seguin. “I look forward to next year.”
Given that the Bruins’ core should largely stay intact, Seguin might be part of another lengthy run in 2013.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)