Apr 26, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Promising news for Flyers fans – it’s looking more and more like defenseman Nicklas Grossmann will be available for Game 1 of Philadelphia’s second-round series against an opponent still to be determined.
As reported by Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi, Grossmann practiced today in a contact-permitted jersey. The big, physical defenseman has been out since suffering a concussion in Game 4 of the Penguins series.
It’s also likely the Flyers will have defenseman Andrej Meszaros back soon, though it’s unclear whether he’ll be ready in time for the series opener.
Philadelphia needs all the quality defensemen it can muster. Yes, the Flyers eliminated the Penguins. However, they also surrendered 26 goals in six games, and not all of that can be pinned on goaltending.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5