Apr 26, 2012, 2:41 PM EST
Promising news for Flyers fans – it’s looking more and more like defenseman Nicklas Grossmann will be available for Game 1 of Philadelphia’s second-round series against an opponent still to be determined.
As reported by Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi, Grossmann practiced today in a contact-permitted jersey. The big, physical defenseman has been out since suffering a concussion in Game 4 of the Penguins series.
It’s also likely the Flyers will have defenseman Andrej Meszaros back soon, though it’s unclear whether he’ll be ready in time for the series opener.
Philadelphia needs all the quality defensemen it can muster. Yes, the Flyers eliminated the Penguins. However, they also surrendered 26 goals in six games, and not all of that can be pinned on goaltending.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11