Apr 26, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Promising news for Flyers fans – it’s looking more and more like defenseman Nicklas Grossmann will be available for Game 1 of Philadelphia’s second-round series against an opponent still to be determined.
As reported by Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi, Grossmann practiced today in a contact-permitted jersey. The big, physical defenseman has been out since suffering a concussion in Game 4 of the Penguins series.
It’s also likely the Flyers will have defenseman Andrej Meszaros back soon, though it’s unclear whether he’ll be ready in time for the series opener.
Philadelphia needs all the quality defensemen it can muster. Yes, the Flyers eliminated the Penguins. However, they also surrendered 26 goals in six games, and not all of that can be pinned on goaltending.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 5
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 7
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)