Apr 26, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Promising news for Flyers fans – it’s looking more and more like defenseman Nicklas Grossmann will be available for Game 1 of Philadelphia’s second-round series against an opponent still to be determined.
As reported by Philly.com’s Sam Carchidi, Grossmann practiced today in a contact-permitted jersey. The big, physical defenseman has been out since suffering a concussion in Game 4 of the Penguins series.
It’s also likely the Flyers will have defenseman Andrej Meszaros back soon, though it’s unclear whether he’ll be ready in time for the series opener.
Philadelphia needs all the quality defensemen it can muster. Yes, the Flyers eliminated the Penguins. However, they also surrendered 26 goals in six games, and not all of that can be pinned on goaltending.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 75
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63