Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at CSN Philadelphia, Tim Panaccio is bemoaning the disappearance of everybody’s favorite quote machine.
That, of course, is Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The man best known for his love of dogs, fear of bears and knowledge of China’s stringent tiger protection policies has been a fountain of one-liners this season, but has since clammed up following Philly’s opening-round victory over Pittsburgh.
Why? Not sure, though it’s probably because of the correlation between “Boring Bryz” and solid netminding (conversely, “Bryzly Bear” and sieve-like performances.)
Anyway, here’s the latest media vs. Bryzgalov transcript:
Q: How can the guys stay fresh this week?
Bryz: “Eat more veggies.”
Q: Are you bored with all this practice?
Bryz: “Yeah, bored with you guys.”
Q: Bored with the practices? Would you prefer the games to begin?
Bryz: “We’re working on some things. Always having fun in practices.”
Q: Will you be happy when you know the name of your opponent, so it makes it easier to prepare?
Bryz: “I can’t control this….Really it doesn’t matter.”
Q: What are you doing to stay sharp? What are doing right now?
Bryz: “Going in the shower.”
Wow. So boring.
In an effort to spice things up, here are some of the best NHL soundbites of the year.
(And yes, Bryz is prominently featured.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)