Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at CSN Philadelphia, Tim Panaccio is bemoaning the disappearance of everybody’s favorite quote machine.
That, of course, is Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The man best known for his love of dogs, fear of bears and knowledge of China’s stringent tiger protection policies has been a fountain of one-liners this season, but has since clammed up following Philly’s opening-round victory over Pittsburgh.
Why? Not sure, though it’s probably because of the correlation between “Boring Bryz” and solid netminding (conversely, “Bryzly Bear” and sieve-like performances.)
Anyway, here’s the latest media vs. Bryzgalov transcript:
Q: How can the guys stay fresh this week?
Bryz: “Eat more veggies.”
Q: Are you bored with all this practice?
Bryz: “Yeah, bored with you guys.”
Q: Bored with the practices? Would you prefer the games to begin?
Bryz: “We’re working on some things. Always having fun in practices.”
Q: Will you be happy when you know the name of your opponent, so it makes it easier to prepare?
Bryz: “I can’t control this….Really it doesn’t matter.”
Q: What are you doing to stay sharp? What are doing right now?
Bryz: “Going in the shower.”
Wow. So boring.
In an effort to spice things up, here are some of the best NHL soundbites of the year.
(And yes, Bryz is prominently featured.)
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)