Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 PM EST
Over at CSN Philadelphia, Tim Panaccio is bemoaning the disappearance of everybody’s favorite quote machine.
That, of course, is Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The man best known for his love of dogs, fear of bears and knowledge of China’s stringent tiger protection policies has been a fountain of one-liners this season, but has since clammed up following Philly’s opening-round victory over Pittsburgh.
Why? Not sure, though it’s probably because of the correlation between “Boring Bryz” and solid netminding (conversely, “Bryzly Bear” and sieve-like performances.)
Anyway, here’s the latest media vs. Bryzgalov transcript:
Q: How can the guys stay fresh this week?
Bryz: “Eat more veggies.”
Q: Are you bored with all this practice?
Bryz: “Yeah, bored with you guys.”
Q: Bored with the practices? Would you prefer the games to begin?
Bryz: “We’re working on some things. Always having fun in practices.”
Q: Will you be happy when you know the name of your opponent, so it makes it easier to prepare?
Bryz: “I can’t control this….Really it doesn’t matter.”
Q: What are you doing to stay sharp? What are doing right now?
Bryz: “Going in the shower.”
Wow. So boring.
In an effort to spice things up, here are some of the best NHL soundbites of the year.
(And yes, Bryz is prominently featured.)
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 73
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)