Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
Over at CSN Philadelphia, Tim Panaccio is bemoaning the disappearance of everybody’s favorite quote machine.
That, of course, is Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The man best known for his love of dogs, fear of bears and knowledge of China’s stringent tiger protection policies has been a fountain of one-liners this season, but has since clammed up following Philly’s opening-round victory over Pittsburgh.
Why? Not sure, though it’s probably because of the correlation between “Boring Bryz” and solid netminding (conversely, “Bryzly Bear” and sieve-like performances.)
Anyway, here’s the latest media vs. Bryzgalov transcript:
Q: How can the guys stay fresh this week?
Bryz: “Eat more veggies.”
Q: Are you bored with all this practice?
Bryz: “Yeah, bored with you guys.”
Q: Bored with the practices? Would you prefer the games to begin?
Bryz: “We’re working on some things. Always having fun in practices.”
Q: Will you be happy when you know the name of your opponent, so it makes it easier to prepare?
Bryz: “I can’t control this….Really it doesn’t matter.”
Q: What are you doing to stay sharp? What are doing right now?
Bryz: “Going in the shower.”
Wow. So boring.
In an effort to spice things up, here are some of the best NHL soundbites of the year.
(And yes, Bryz is prominently featured.)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17