Apr 26, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Boston Bruins Game 7 had the drama of do-or-die overtime, yet if you made a prototype of what a deciding game should look like, it would resemble the thriller between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers tonight. The eighth seed Senators gave the Rangers all they could handle in a skin-tight series, but ultimately the Blueshirts squeaked by 2-1 to win the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Defense ended up being the difference for New York, but not in the way most of us expected. Marc Staal opened the scoring and Dan Girardi notched the eventual game-winner on shots that Craig Anderson had no chance against.
- Chris Kreider looked dangerous for much of Game 7. How dangerous will the Rangers be if he can live up to even some of the hype he arrived with?
- Henrik Lundqvist gets a chance to face the Washington Capitals: a team that booted him and the Rangers from the playoffs twice before. Will home ice and a better team around him help Lundqvist get the Capitals monkey off his back?
- Marian Gaborik is the Rangers’ answer to Alex Ovechkin: a big star who’s turning into a big question mark. What does John Tortorella need to do to help him turn things around?
- The Senators lost, but they pushed New York more than just about anyone expected. Do you think Ottawa has a bright future or did they overachieve this season?
- What are your impressions regarding Norris candidate Erik Karlsson? Are his offensive pluses worth the defensive hiccups that come along?
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)