Apr 26, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Boston Bruins Game 7 had the drama of do-or-die overtime, yet if you made a prototype of what a deciding game should look like, it would resemble the thriller between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers tonight. The eighth seed Senators gave the Rangers all they could handle in a skin-tight series, but ultimately the Blueshirts squeaked by 2-1 to win the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Defense ended up being the difference for New York, but not in the way most of us expected. Marc Staal opened the scoring and Dan Girardi notched the eventual game-winner on shots that Craig Anderson had no chance against.
- Chris Kreider looked dangerous for much of Game 7. How dangerous will the Rangers be if he can live up to even some of the hype he arrived with?
- Henrik Lundqvist gets a chance to face the Washington Capitals: a team that booted him and the Rangers from the playoffs twice before. Will home ice and a better team around him help Lundqvist get the Capitals monkey off his back?
- Marian Gaborik is the Rangers’ answer to Alex Ovechkin: a big star who’s turning into a big question mark. What does John Tortorella need to do to help him turn things around?
- The Senators lost, but they pushed New York more than just about anyone expected. Do you think Ottawa has a bright future or did they overachieve this season?
- What are your impressions regarding Norris candidate Erik Karlsson? Are his offensive pluses worth the defensive hiccups that come along?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 9
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 22
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)