Apr 26, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Boston Bruins Game 7 had the drama of do-or-die overtime, yet if you made a prototype of what a deciding game should look like, it would resemble the thriller between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers tonight. The eighth seed Senators gave the Rangers all they could handle in a skin-tight series, but ultimately the Blueshirts squeaked by 2-1 to win the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Defense ended up being the difference for New York, but not in the way most of us expected. Marc Staal opened the scoring and Dan Girardi notched the eventual game-winner on shots that Craig Anderson had no chance against.
- Chris Kreider looked dangerous for much of Game 7. How dangerous will the Rangers be if he can live up to even some of the hype he arrived with?
- Henrik Lundqvist gets a chance to face the Washington Capitals: a team that booted him and the Rangers from the playoffs twice before. Will home ice and a better team around him help Lundqvist get the Capitals monkey off his back?
- Marian Gaborik is the Rangers’ answer to Alex Ovechkin: a big star who’s turning into a big question mark. What does John Tortorella need to do to help him turn things around?
- The Senators lost, but they pushed New York more than just about anyone expected. Do you think Ottawa has a bright future or did they overachieve this season?
- What are your impressions regarding Norris candidate Erik Karlsson? Are his offensive pluses worth the defensive hiccups that come along?
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)