Apr 26, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Boston Bruins Game 7 had the drama of do-or-die overtime, yet if you made a prototype of what a deciding game should look like, it would resemble the thriller between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers tonight. The eighth seed Senators gave the Rangers all they could handle in a skin-tight series, but ultimately the Blueshirts squeaked by 2-1 to win the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Defense ended up being the difference for New York, but not in the way most of us expected. Marc Staal opened the scoring and Dan Girardi notched the eventual game-winner on shots that Craig Anderson had no chance against.
- Chris Kreider looked dangerous for much of Game 7. How dangerous will the Rangers be if he can live up to even some of the hype he arrived with?
- Henrik Lundqvist gets a chance to face the Washington Capitals: a team that booted him and the Rangers from the playoffs twice before. Will home ice and a better team around him help Lundqvist get the Capitals monkey off his back?
- Marian Gaborik is the Rangers’ answer to Alex Ovechkin: a big star who’s turning into a big question mark. What does John Tortorella need to do to help him turn things around?
- The Senators lost, but they pushed New York more than just about anyone expected. Do you think Ottawa has a bright future or did they overachieve this season?
- What are your impressions regarding Norris candidate Erik Karlsson? Are his offensive pluses worth the defensive hiccups that come along?
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)