Apr 26, 2012, 9:38 PM EST
Last night’s Washington Capitals-Boston Bruins Game 7 had the drama of do-or-die overtime, yet if you made a prototype of what a deciding game should look like, it would resemble the thriller between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers tonight. The eighth seed Senators gave the Rangers all they could handle in a skin-tight series, but ultimately the Blueshirts squeaked by 2-1 to win the series 4-3.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Defense ended up being the difference for New York, but not in the way most of us expected. Marc Staal opened the scoring and Dan Girardi notched the eventual game-winner on shots that Craig Anderson had no chance against.
- Chris Kreider looked dangerous for much of Game 7. How dangerous will the Rangers be if he can live up to even some of the hype he arrived with?
- Henrik Lundqvist gets a chance to face the Washington Capitals: a team that booted him and the Rangers from the playoffs twice before. Will home ice and a better team around him help Lundqvist get the Capitals monkey off his back?
- Marian Gaborik is the Rangers’ answer to Alex Ovechkin: a big star who’s turning into a big question mark. What does John Tortorella need to do to help him turn things around?
- The Senators lost, but they pushed New York more than just about anyone expected. Do you think Ottawa has a bright future or did they overachieve this season?
- What are your impressions regarding Norris candidate Erik Karlsson? Are his offensive pluses worth the defensive hiccups that come along?
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 0
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)