Apr 25, 2012, 4:36 PM EST
Hours before the first of three Eastern Conference Game 7s was set to begin, the NHL announced its plans for the West.
The Round 2 series between Phoenix and Nashville will begin on Friday, followed by the commencement of St. Louis-Los Angeles on Saturday.
Here’s the rundown in full:
No. 3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. No. 4 Nashville Predators
Game 1: Friday, Apr. 27 at Phoenix
Game 2: Sunday, Apr. 29 at Phoenix
Game 3: Wednesday, May 2 at Nashville
Game 4: Friday, May 4 at Nashville
No. 2 St. Louis Blues at No. 8 Los Angeles Kings
Game 1: Saturday, Apr. 28 at St. Louis
Game 2: Monday, Apr. 30 at St. Louis
Game 3: Thursday, May 3 at L.A.
Game 4: Sunday, May 6 at L.A.
– The Blues and Predators will have the longest layoffs (seven days). The Kings will have six days off between games, the Coyotes four.
– Much like in the first round, scheduling Kings games at the Staples Center is a difficult task. The NBA playoffs begin on Apr. 28 with the Lakers and Clippers both angling for home-court advantage in the first round.
– The complete Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals schedule, including start times and television information, will be released after the New York-Ottawa and Florida-New Jersey games Thursday night.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 51
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)