Apr 25, 2012, 4:36 PM EST
Hours before the first of three Eastern Conference Game 7s was set to begin, the NHL announced its plans for the West.
The Round 2 series between Phoenix and Nashville will begin on Friday, followed by the commencement of St. Louis-Los Angeles on Saturday.
Here’s the rundown in full:
No. 3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. No. 4 Nashville Predators
Game 1: Friday, Apr. 27 at Phoenix
Game 2: Sunday, Apr. 29 at Phoenix
Game 3: Wednesday, May 2 at Nashville
Game 4: Friday, May 4 at Nashville
No. 2 St. Louis Blues at No. 8 Los Angeles Kings
Game 1: Saturday, Apr. 28 at St. Louis
Game 2: Monday, Apr. 30 at St. Louis
Game 3: Thursday, May 3 at L.A.
Game 4: Sunday, May 6 at L.A.
— The Blues and Predators will have the longest layoffs (seven days). The Kings will have six days off between games, the Coyotes four.
— Much like in the first round, scheduling Kings games at the Staples Center is a difficult task. The NBA playoffs begin on Apr. 28 with the Lakers and Clippers both angling for home-court advantage in the first round.
— The complete Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals schedule, including start times and television information, will be released after the New York-Ottawa and Florida-New Jersey games Thursday night.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)