Apr 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman and coach Joel Quenneville met with reporters today to answer questions following a second consecutive first-round elimination. We’ll have more on that later.
In the meantime, via CSNChicago.com, here’s an interview NBC and CSN analyst Eddie Olczyk did yesterday with Chicago Tribune Live:
—- Olczyk thinks goalie Corey Crawford was “very good” in regulation against Phoenix, though he admits overtime was a different story.
—- He believes Bowman has to add a second-line center: “Patrick Kane is a dynamic player, but is a much different animal playing center than wing and you saw the revolving door all year, Joel [Quenneville] looking to go to Kane or to [Patrick] Sharp or to [Dave] Bolland or to Brandon Pirri or to Marcus Kruger. They had a lot of different guys try to fill that void and once [Marian] Hossa went out all of a sudden now you became less of a threat offensively without a pure finisher on the wall with the wingers. That’s an area that certainly needs to be addressed.”
—- Olczyk also thinks Bowman needs to address the defense: “I think they’ve got to get some heaviness in their team up and down the lineup, not only at the forward position but also on the back end. “I think you’ve got to get some help for Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook. Those guys play such tough minutes, hard minutes, against some of the best players in the world.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 5
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8