Apr 25, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
Braden Holtby has been nothing short of a superstar in the Capitals’ opening round series against Boston. The boatload of saves, some of them of the highlight variety, and now he’s got the seventh seeded Capitals in a Game 7 against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Time to get nervous, right? Not for Holtby. CSNWashington’s Chuck Gormley hears it from Holtby about how he can’t wait to play in tonight’s series-deciding match-up.
“There’s no point in having nerves right now,” he said. “This is fun. This is what we were hoping for. We’re still the underdogs here. … I don’t think anyone really expected us to be here, even in a Game 7, and you know, we like this pressure. We’re here to show that we’re not gonna back down. Myself, I’m just gonna go in, try to make the stops that I’m capable of stopping and hopefully it’s enough to win.”
Are we sure he’s just 22-years-old because that’s the sort of response you get from a veteran who’s been around the block a few times. Fortunately for Holtby, the defense in front of him has been doing their fair share of the work as well. From keeping shooters to the perimeter to blocking tons of shots, Holtby’s getting a lot of help on top of his great play.
Dealing with a Bruins team that was 3-0 in Game 7s last year, however, presents a whole new challenge. No pressure, kid.
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 0
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)